Matija Nastasić

Re: Nastasic

chris85mcfc said:
He may turn out to be a decent CB in Italy or perhaps Germany but not at a top club over here. I agree he showed a lot of promise in his first season but there is clearly a reason why we are looking to sell him on, given his age id be very surprised if we are selling him for any reason other than him just not being good enough for this level. The big surprise for me is that we are selling him and not Boyata but obviously thats where the club trained/home grown factor trips everyone up, you end up having to keep hold of a lesser player because their club trained and they help fill a quota.

I imagine we are selling him because we can manage with the 3 CB's we have plus Boyata.

+1.

VK/MDM/Mangala rotate the two CB spots. And in all likelihood Sagna will cover for injury before Boyata/Nastasic get picked.

The only game time Nastasic would get would come in some low level cup games or maybe a run of injuries. He's not going to improve on the bench and so its better to sell now before his value sinks more.

I'll argue......Martin was made a scapegoat for a few substandard team performances,i'm not suggesting he was faultless,however,the criticism aimed at him was unjust and way over the top,much like the Boyata situation now.

greasedupdeafguy said:
BlueDeadHead said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Dont agree with this. Boyata is hugely important to the HG quote for the prem and CL, thats why he was offered a new contract.

Not really. We don't have to fill that Academy trained slot. Since Nasty can be registered for free it is a wash.
Boyata is one of the players in our squad who locally trained which is important for the CL.

I will just say the exact same thing again:

Not really. We don't have to fill that Academy trained slot. Since Nasty can be registered for free it is a wash.

FantasyIreland said:
I'll argue......Martin was made a scapegoat for a few substandard team performances,i'm not suggesting he was faultless,however,the criticism aimed at him was unjust and way over the top,much like the Boyata situation now.
True enough, but in Boyata's case we should remember that he is fast approaching the age of 24 and having spent his whole career at City, he should have been a contender for a regular starting place well before now.

ColinLee said:
johnmc said:
ColinLee said:
You're talking bllocks I'm afraid. Nastasic is not HG and never will be, he's counted as U21 for this season only. Boyata however is and much more importantly is Club Trained. We need him for the CL squad since we literally have no one else to fill the role.

Jesus you pedant - Nastasic means nothing towards the eurpoean quota this season does he. People are using this as a reason for getting rid of him now which is obviously not true.

Why is it important that Boyata is club trained? He wont be here this time next year I guarantee it.
What's next season got to do with it? Unless you're suggesting we submit a 20 man squad rather than 21 then Boyata is important.
And 'pedant'? There's a big difference between home grown and U21 in terms of the squad makeup..

Boyata is out of contract after this year.

BlueDeadHead said:
ColinLee said:
johnmc said:
Jesus you pedant - Nastasic means nothing towards the eurpoean quota this season does he. People are using this as a reason for getting rid of him now which is obviously not true.

Why is it important that Boyata is club trained? He wont be here this time next year I guarantee it.
What's next season got to do with it? Unless you're suggesting we submit a 20 man squad rather than 21 then Boyata is important.
And 'pedant'? There's a big difference between home grown and U21 in terms of the squad makeup..

He signed a 2 year deal this summer

117 M34 said:
BlueDeadHead said:
ColinLee said:

He signed a 2 year deal this summer

If true my bad. I thought is was a one year deal.

Will be sad to see him go, especially when Boyata gets to stay only because of HG rules.

I think in the right system he will be a great CB one day, we have seen flashes of his quality and calmness under Mancini and at Fiorentina. It looked like he was set to be Kompany's partner for years to come but he just doesn't seem to be have been able to adapt to our high line where his calm style becomes hesitant and his pace is exposed. With Mangala coming in as a young left footed CB and Rekik continuing to show promise and also filling a HG slot he just won't fit into our squad.

I hope he moves onto a decent club abroad, maybe back to Italy, where he can fulfil his potential.

If we get a decent fee for him he could help potentially fund another transfer such as Reus if his buyout clause is to be believed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.