Matija Nastasić

OrigamiNinja said:
We can talk about homegrown quota's and not having to register players etc etc but the crux of it is we've just spent £32m on a young defender because our double winning manager doesn't rate Nastasic. If we are getting £10m+ for players our manager doesn't consider part of his plans ala Rodwell and Garcia I think we are doing well.

I agree...this team's style of play is years away from the Mancini days....Nastasic is no longer a fit and wont play this season...and we have players like Rekik and Denayer who have long term futures at City....no room now or in the future for Nastasic. I actually think Nastasic is a good defender in the right system and will do well but not here! His pre-season form was poor and looked lost against Arsenal...if there was a time to impress the boss, it was then and he didn't stand up..... I like him better than Boyata but if Nastasic can be sold for 12-15mil with all the FFP restrictions we have, it can only help and it would be a good move!

I'll be interested to see if it's a loan or a sale. I think he obviously has a lot of potential and he could go the same route as Rekik with a loan with the long term aim of him challenging again for a position in the squad. But he might not be up for that given that he already spent a year as a regular starter. I think whoever we sell him to will develop him into a top class centre half, so hopefully it's someone outside of the country.

Nastasic doesn't have pace for high line defensive system. uncomfortable with the ball too, plus Pellegrini like beast-type player at the backline. even Boyata is a 4th choice CB, i trust Pellegrini judgement. Bluemooners should relax a bit, we have another promising CB in the rank for the future which is currently on loan (rekik & denayer).

Sagna also can play as a CB when needed.

johnmc said:
ColinLee said:
johnmc said:
Nastasic is home grown this year as well so that is irrelevant. If we received £10m bids for both players I have enough confidence in Manuel to presume he would sell Boyata and keep Nastasic. However the reality is we need only one of these as cover and we are getting bids for only one of them as far as I am aware. Therefore he is likely to go and Boyata used as Carling cup/injury cover
You're talking bllocks I'm afraid. Nastasic is not HG and never will be, he's counted as U21 for this season only. Boyata however is and much more importantly is Club Trained. We need him for the CL squad since we literally have no one else to fill the role.

Jesus you pedant - Nastasic means nothing towards the eurpoean quota this season does he. People are using this as a reason for getting rid of him now which is obviously not true.

Why is it important that Boyata is club trained? He wont be here this time next year I guarantee it.
What's next season got to do with it? Unless you're suggesting we submit a 20 man squad rather than 21 then Boyata is important.
And 'pedant'? There's a big difference between home grown and U21 in terms of the squad makeup..

Re: Nastasic

chris85mcfc said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Pellers saying he can leave if an offer comes in, surely he'd get plenty of game time this season. He's gonna be a top class player in the future for sure. I wonder if we'd sell to the rags or Arsenal?

I doubt it, not in the PL anyway
Don't be so sure, he's got a big and long future ahead of him he's young and will learn. He was very unlucky with that bad injury last season and who knows with a full season playing last year things might have been different for him.

chris85mcfc said:
Pellers saying he can leave if an offer comes in, surely he'd get plenty of game time this season. He's gonna be a top class player in the future for sure. I wonder if we'd sell to the rags or Arsenal?

I doubt it, not in the PL anyway
Don't be so sure, he's got a big and long future ahead of him he's young and will learn. He was very unlucky with that bad injury last season and who knows with a full season playing last year things might have been different for him.

He may turn out to be a decent CB in Italy or perhaps Germany but not at a top club over here. I agree he showed a lot of promise in his first season but there is clearly a reason why we are looking to sell him on, given his age id be very surprised if we are selling him for any reason other than him just not being good enough for this level. The big surprise for me is that we are selling him and not Boyata but obviously thats where the club trained/home grown factor trips everyone up, you end up having to keep hold of a lesser player because their club trained and they help fill a quota.

I imagine we are selling him because we can manage with the 3 CB's we have plus Boyata.

chris85mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
nellyonthewing said:
Look he's not even as quick as MDM even though he's giving him a decade. No clubs are kicking our door down for him. Pelle doesn't rate him . He is slow,soft and not that good -get over it.

In a nutshell......

6 months back....but what a poor post from ElanJo.

One of many people that foolishly jumped on Demichelis back after his first few games

No doubt he will be back to tell us how wrong he was :)

In fairness that is the nature of forums. You make a judgement based on the here and now and at the time DemIchaelis was responsible for a lot of the uncertainty in the defence. Not sure what the point is of re-quoting posts from months ago (I know you didn't). I think we would all have been wrong about a player, even the likes of Mourinho, Mancini and Ferguson have made errors of judgement on players

paulbeard5950 said:
Can anyone really say they've seen boyata play 4-5 games in a row? All this hatred towards him and he's never had a real chance. If Manuel believes in him then we should be behind him. Manuels no mug, we're not a club that chooses to sell one player over another for money purposes ? Not like we're skint! With Sinclair and Richards looking like going and Garcia and Roswell already gone were well with the FFP budget too. For me I think it's about actually supporting his decision of who he trusts. Boyata must have no confidence after so many years in and around the squad. If he got a run in the team because of injuries/suspension then he might prove to us why Manuel, Roberto, Hughes all kept him on the books for so long.

Good post.

And the fact Pellegrini was an accomplished centre half himself only adds weight to his decision.You'd think the boss deserves the trust of our supporters by now.

chris85mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
nellyonthewing said:
Look he's not even as quick as MDM even though he's giving him a decade. No clubs are kicking our door down for him. Pelle doesn't rate him . He is slow,soft and not that good -get over it.

In a nutshell......

One of many people that foolishly jumped on Demichelis back after his first few games

He wasn't wrong though. Demichelis was at fault or doing something wrong for a lot of the goals we were conceding right up to April. It was Demichelis that improved all round anyway, not that people were wrong about him when he was substandard.

KippaxCitizen said:
chris85mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
In a nutshell......

He wasn't wrong though. Demichelis was at fault or doing something wrong for a lot of the goals we were conceding right up to April. It was Demichelis that improved all round anyway, not that people were wrong about him when he was substandard.
Good post, and one that's hard to argue with. However, I don't think I'm alone on here in having a preference for Martin over Nasty. Afraid I don't know/haven't seen enough of Mangala to pass an honest opinion on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.