Matija Nastasic

CTID101 said:
Don't listen to Neville Kneville.

Said the same shite about other players in the past .Savic being an example, fair enough he was no Maldini but you have to support the kid who received no where near the same opportunity's from Mancini.
The same Savic who is now playing very well in Serie A and I think I saw Bayern are apparently looking at him!

I didn't say anything of the sort about Savic. I said he was totally shit. I'm saying Nastasic is a promising young player, not shit at all, just ridiculously over rated at present for a kid who may or may not turn out to be a top player one day.

I was right about Savic. Savic was totally shit & STILL is not even considered good enough to play centre back for Montenegro, yet some clowns on here were claiming he was good enough to play for City.

You were probably one of them ?

I'm a bit too young for Bobby Moore, but the player he reminds me of is Alan Hanson. Reads the game well, doesnt go to ground much and decent with the ball at his feet. Fantastic prospect and under rated, if he was English the media would have a serious stiffy for him, but as he isnt and thus he has gone without much praise at all.

MCFC BOB said:
Neville Kneville said:
Apart from the fact that Bobby M constantly made killer interceptions & won crucial 1v1 challenges & difficult headers etc, which Nastasic hardly ever does.

His performance v the rags was one of the most overhyped in City history. I can see why people think he may become a quality player, but at the moment, if you had two Nastasics at the heart of our defence rather than having Vinny, Lescott or Kolo next to him, we would get mullered beyond belief in just about every game.
That's probably because he's 20 years-old and still learning. Add to this the fact that he's not a very combative centre-half, and more of a ball playing one. The great centre-half partnerships in recent years have always had that mix of a ball playing centre-half and a combative centre-half (Kompany & Lescott, Ferdinand & Vidic, Carvalho & Terry) so having two Nastasic-style players in defence wouldn't be the best idea.

In the Derby we had Vinny winning 90% of everything, with Nastasic stood about making the occasional interception or giving away free kicks, & rags had Phil Jones winning 90% of everything with Camelgob stood around watching him.

The performances of Wio & Nasti were very similar, in the fact that they both did pretty much nothing of note.
Again, the combative and ball-playing centre-half partnerships. The Dzeko - Aguero partnership that worked so well at the start of the last season was so effective for a similar reason: Dzeko lead the line while Aguero played off him in the way that Kompany leads the defence and Nastasic plays a helping hand.

Nastasic is a promising young player & that's it. The rest of the hype is ridiculous.
Yeah, I mean, god forbid that people would get excited about (and support) a young player that seems composed and very much at home at the highest level of English football.

EXACTLY.

Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:

Said the same shite about other players in the past .Savic being an example, fair enough he was no Maldini but you have to support the kid who received no where near the same opportunity's from Mancini.
The same Savic who is now playing very well in Serie A and I think I saw Bayern are apparently looking at him!

I didn't say anything of the sort about Savic. I said he was totally shit. I'm saying Nastasic is a promising young player, not shit at all, just ridiculously over rated at present for a kid who may or may not turn out to be a top player one day.

I was right about Savic. Savic was totally shit & STILL is not even considered good enough to play centre back for Montenegro, yet some clowns on here were claiming he was good enough to play for City.

Savic is proving a very able 'defender',excelling at right back imo,where a few predicted he would.
He arrived here at the wrong time,not least because of personal issues.

Neville Kneville said:
plongo said:
When do you ever see Nasty go to ground? Very rare, sign of a very good defender. His reading of the game is 1st class, reminds me very much of Bobby M.

Apart from the fact that Bobby M constantly made killer interceptions & won crucial 1v1 challenges & difficult headers etc, which Nastasic hardly ever does.

His performance v the rags was one of the most overhyped in City history. I can see why people think he may become a quality player, but at the moment, if you had two Nastasics at the heart of our defence rather than having Vinny, Lescott or Kolo next to him, we would get mullered beyond belief in just about every game.

In the Derby we had Vinny winning 90% of everything, with Nastasic stood about making the occasional interception or giving away free kicks, & rags had Phil Jones winning 90% of everything with Camelgob stood around watching him.

The performances of Wio & Nasti were very similar, in the fact that they both did pretty much nothing of note.

Nasti got 8/10 for it.

Download the game & just watch him, alone, & try to justify the 8/10.

Anyone who gives him an 8 has to give Phil Jones 11.

Nastasic is a promising young player & that's it. The rest of the hype is ridiculous.

To the last bit...you wally.

samharris said:
Neville Kneville said:
plongo said:
When do you ever see Nasty go to ground? Very rare, sign of a very good defender. His reading of the game is 1st class, reminds me very much of Bobby M.

Nasti got 8/10 for it.

Another football genius with insightful discussion to offer.

Baaa.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:14 pm --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:

Savic is proving a very able 'defender',excelling at right back imo,where a few predicted he would.
He arrived here at the wrong time,not least because of personal issues.

He was always better at right back, as I posted many times on here.

But I disagree with the word 'excelling'. He was in typical form v England, looking assured & competent until someone ran at him, then he fell apart.

Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:

You talked a lot of rubbish about Savic what are you talking about?

You were right about Savic in what way? because he no longer plays for us you were right?
So what if he doesn't play CB for Montenegro what has that got to do with anything?

One of them people who thought he had potential and it was because of poor management that he didn't seemingly improve when he played?
One of those people who is now being proven right if you watched any Fiorentina match you would see how much of a better player he has become and hopefully will become.
Yes I was one of those.

Neville Kneville said:
samharris said:
Neville Kneville said:

Nasti got 8/10 for it.

Another football genius with insightful discussion to offer.

Baaa.

-- Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:14 pm --

In this instance I said all that needed saying.

Neville Kneville said:
plongo said:

Nasti got 8/10 for it.

Fair enough Neville, opinions are just that and we can all disagree. Some defenders like say Carragher or
Phil Jones can make bloody good last ditch clearances and take the plaudits were as a silky smooth centre half like Nasty has read the danger 3 passes before, intercepted the ball and quickly gave it Yaya to set up an attack.

In what sense is the hype ridiculous when he actually is one of the top three defenders in Europe in his age group with Varane and Marquinhos? Is Varane's hype also ridiculous? If you're one of the best in your age group hype will be attached to you, it's inevitable in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.