Matija Nastasic

mcmanus said:
What a truly good player we have on our hands, if him and Vinny are still stopping shots on Joe's goal in 6 years time we could have won the lot.
Same here mate. I can't believe this is only his first season. I hope he continues this great form.

When do you ever see Nasty go to ground? Very rare, sign of a very good defender. His reading of the game is 1st class, reminds me very much of Bobby M.

Syth said:
mcmanus said:
What a truly good player we have on our hands, if him and Vinny are still stopping shots on Joe's goal in 6 years time we could have won the lot.
Same here mate. I can't believe this is only his first season. I hope he continues this great form.

Always been told centre halfs get better with age learning positioning, reading of the game and being composed on the ball. The lad at 20 has all three now.

plongo said:
When do you ever see Nasty go to ground? Very rare, sign of a very good defender. His reading of the game is 1st class, reminds me very much of Bobby M.

Apart from the fact that Bobby M constantly made killer interceptions & won crucial 1v1 challenges & difficult headers etc, which Nastasic hardly ever does.

His performance v the rags was one of the most overhyped in City history. I can see why people think he may become a quality player, but at the moment, if you had two Nastasics at the heart of our defence rather than having Vinny, Lescott or Kolo next to him, we would get mullered beyond belief in just about every game.

In the Derby we had Vinny winning 90% of everything, with Nastasic stood about making the occasional interception or giving away free kicks, & rags had Phil Jones winning 90% of everything with Camelgob stood around watching him.

The performances of Wio & Nasti were very similar, in the fact that they both did pretty much nothing of note.

Nasti got 8/10 for it.

Download the game & just watch him, alone, & try to justify the 8/10.

Anyone who gives him an 8 has to give Phil Jones 11.

Nastasic is a promising young player & that's it. The rest of the hype is ridiculous.

Neville Kneville said:
plongo said:

Apart from the fact that Bobby M constantly made killer interceptions & won crucial 1v1 challenges & difficult headers etc, which Nastasic hardly ever does.

His performance v the rags was one of the most overhyped in City history. I can see why people think he may become a quality player, but at the moment, if you had two Nastasics at the heart of our defence rather than having Vinny, Lescott or Kolo next to him, we would get mullered beyond belief in just about every game.

In the Derby we had Vinny winning 90% of everything, with Nastasic stood about making the occasional interception or giving away free kicks, & rags had Phil Jones winning 90% of everything with Camelgob stood around watching him.

The performances of Wio & Nasti were very similar, in the fact that they both did pretty much nothing of note.

Nasti got 8/10 for it.

Download the game & just watch him, alone, & try to justify the 8/10.

Anyone who gives him an 8 has to give Phil Jones 11.

Nastasic is a promising young player & that's it. The rest of the hype is ridiculous.

He must be doing something right to have ousted an English international from his role in the best defence in the PL?

^^

what aload of shit.

Nasty is fantastic and the reason you dont notice him is because he makes it look so simple. Hes alot better than Kolo,lescott and phil fucking jones. He is not over hyped, infact he doesnt get enough praise.

hes a footballing centre half instead of the usual panic and hoof type atheletes who are so bad at reading the game they get away with it because of there pace (Richards for exaple). Nasty isnt the fastest but doesnt need to be as he reads the game so well.

mcfc2607 said:
^^

what aload of shit.

Nasty is fantastic and the reason you dont notice him is because he makes it look so simple. Hes alot better than Kolo,lescott and phil fucking jones. He is not over hyped, infact he doesnt get enough praise.

hes a footballing centre half instead of the usual panic and hoof type atheletes who are so bad at reading the game they get away with it because of there pace (Richards for exaple). Nasty isnt the fastest but doesnt need to be as he reads the game so well.
Correct

Neville Kneville said:

That's probably because he's 20 years-old and still learning. Add to this the fact that he's not a very combative centre-half, and more of a ball playing one. The great centre-half partnerships in recent years have always had that mix of a ball playing centre-half and a combative centre-half (Kompany & Lescott, Ferdinand & Vidic, Carvalho & Terry) so having two Nastasic-style players in defence wouldn't be the best idea.

Again, the combative and ball-playing centre-half partnerships. The Dzeko - Aguero partnership that worked so well at the start of the last season was so effective for a similar reason: Dzeko lead the line while Aguero played off him in the way that Kompany leads the defence and Nastasic plays a helping hand.

Yeah, I mean, god forbid that people would get excited about (and support) a young player that seems composed and very much at home at the highest level of English football.

Yeah, I mean, god forbid that people would get excited about (and support) a young player that seems composed and very much at home at the highest level of English football.
(quote)

If he was English the media wouldn't stop wanking over him, but because he ain't and he plays for us then he will get little praise.

Great player with lots of potential, really hard to believe he's only 20.

The only knock I would have is he often suffers from a case of "50p head".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.