Matija Nastasic

He definitely plays well beyond his years.

He's still very young so when he matures more he should be able to lead the defence on his own more comfortably. He already does it to some degree. Its just about being consistent.

It seems to me the main reason he apparently had a good game yesterday is because Garcia was so poor. There is no doubt he made some good tackles but he also made some terrible mistakes including the fact that the guy who ran behind for the flick on for their goal was his man and he left him to do it.

Add to that he gave away a stupid free kick on the edge of the D and another one very late on plus he was easily by passed a few times by running attackers and yes he flicked that one on for their last minute chance and their is plenty to realise he wasn't that good at all.

I think he is a really good prospect and player but at the moment still quite raw and full of errors which sometimes will cost us dearly. Of course it doesn't help when a rookie center half is played with him but it still doesn't make him blameless in everything.He still remains a bit of a liability.Pellegrini for some reason is playing both Garcia and Nasti before Lescott which baffles not just City fans but all sorts of pundits and we have to hope that his confidence is justified or Vinnie and Demechelis get fit and fill the holes.

Last night, he made some great challenges, some good covering runs, some horrendous mistakes, got caught napping for the first goal & was skinned alive on at least one occasion by a 2nd rate Utd reject.

A fairly typical game for a kid who is learning to play football.

He has a chance of making it as a decent maybe even a top level Premier League defender, to early to say yet. By no means a certainty but he's doing well, for a kid & progressing.

He isn't better than the other options in that position such as Lescott & Richards, & we would most likely not have won the title if he had played that season. This season we may still win it with a shit defence, but really, MCFC should have two experienced top class central defenders & the rest filling in v the lesser teams & in the FA/League Cup etc.

Los of numpties on here would pair him with Rekik, then probably blame Joe Hart when we finished 12th.

Neville Kneville said:
Last night, he made some great challenges, some good covering runs, some horrendous mistakes, got caught napping for the first goal & was skinned alive on at least one occasion by a 2nd rate Utd reject.

A fairly typical game for a kid who is learning to play football.

He has a chance of making it as a decent maybe even a top level Premier League defender, to early to say yet. By no means a certainty but he's doing well, for a kid & progressing.

He isn't better than the other options in that position such as Lescott & Richards, & we would most likely not have won the title if he had played that season. This season we may still win it with a shit defence, but really, MCFC should have two experienced top class central defenders & the rest filling in v the lesser teams & in the FA/League Cup etc.

Los of numpties on here would pair him with Rekik, then probably blame Joe Hart when we finished 12th.
What your talking like he only has a chance of making it at a top premier league defender. wtf, he's already doing that and has been for the past 2 seasons. There is a reason that he the obvious first choice next to kompany, and that is because he is supperior to Lescott and Richards as a CB. How can you say that we may still win with a shit defence. Last season we had the best defence, with only 34 goals conceded, the best in the league might i add, and by all means, that wasn't because we had the best Goalkeeper.

i don't mind if he makes a mistake here and there. he is is still young. only 20 years old.

imagine what he'll be like in 5 years time.

Some of the posts on this thread make me laugh, the guy is a top defender already (unbelievable for his age) ... not the complete article yet, but when people say he has what it takes to be a decent defender is laughable when he is already very good, he has the potential to be a world class defender and is already playing well beyond his years, class!

kompany10 said:
Some of the posts on this thread make me laugh, the guy is a top defender already (unbelievable for his age) ... not the complete article yet, but when people say he has what it takes to be a decent defender is laughable when he is already very good, he has the potential to be a world class defender and is already playing well beyond his years, class!

ATM he's a Richard Dunne mark 2, a good solid defender, great at times but prone to horrendous fuck ups. Hopefully with more experience gained over the years he can eliminate most of his mistakes from his game.

More than any other position do centre backs need experience as there entire game is built around anticipation and reaction than more forward players who can do their own thing. Nasty is fantastic for a 20 year old and will without doubt improve over the years. I'm more than happy for us to play a very good cb who will become a world class one than an aging player in decline

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.