Matija Nastasic

forevermancity said:
was only really highly rated on bluemoon

match goers have said it from the off, average.

Malanga next to kmpany for next year will be brilliant, Lescott to do his job for the next few months. Nastasic should be 3rd choice, ahead of Steve Segal

I went to every game home and away last year, besides Real Madrid away and QPR away. I think hes class.

Had his rhythm disrupted a little with injuries and the rotation (part and parcel of playing at this level).

With a run of games i can see him regaining his confidence and form. I think spending £40 million on a relatively unproven centre half (no more proven than Nastasic) is just a bit steep in my opinion. I'd sooner see Nastasic recover from the injury and play a majority of the games between now and the end of the season, giving him a chance to prove he's a long term partner for Vinny.

Has age on his side and had an interrupted season.

Definitely worth keeping based on what he did last season but we will need a centre half of more experience and one who can adapt to the premiership quickly as its unlikely we will get one that fits the bill from the other 19 clubs.

forevermancity said:

Malanga next to kmpany for next year will be brilliant, Lescott to do his job for the next few months. Nastasic should be 3rd choice, ahead of Steve Segal
What a load of old rubbish!

getting rid of natasic would be a big mistake imo, he has shown glimpses of his potential, not a starter for the moment but a possible future star, let's not do the same mistake chelsea did with matic

He is neither a nailed on future player, nor a nailed on future failure, he is at present average. It is onlly because he is young that people rate him so highly. A 25 year old playing at the same level would never in a million years get an offer to join this City squad. The FACT with most kids is that they don't suddenly turn into worldbeaters at 22 just because they play in the first team at 19. Often it's just that they are mature or powerful for their age. Many just stay the same or get worse. Only a select few go to the highest level, which is what we want at City. We want the best.

If he makes a big improvement next season, he has a chance of reaching the top level. If he stays at the same level as he has this season, he will be struggling to stay at the club & in danger of being overtaken by other young players & then most likely moved on. It's upto him.

We need to go all out for Mangala in summer, Komps, Mangala and Nasty will cover us at centre back for the next ten years. He just seems to get injured at the worst times

KippaxCitizen said:
forevermancity said:

What a load of old rubbish!

Nastastic was highly regarded in the press and even the most bitter rags I know conceded he was a very good young defender, although the fact they also rated Phil Jones worried me slightly.

I think tbh he's looked far inferior than last season and this is due to the absence of a defensive midfielder right in front of him.
It's no coincidence him and Clichy's form has completely gone to pot compared to previous standards.Gareth Barry would sit right in front of the left side, giving them extra cover in all aspects of their duties. Now I'm not saying we were wrong to let Barry leave, but the drop in performance from Nasty and Gael is the trade off for having a more balanced midfielder in Fernandinho on the pitch instead of one who covers them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.