Matija Nastasic

Got massively over hyped last year and is now suffering as a consequence.

The reality is hes a young lad with a lot to learn, i'm sure he will go on to be a top player for us.

was only really highly rated on bluemoon

match goers have said it from the off, average.

Malanga next to kmpany for next year will be brilliant, Lescott to do his job for the next few months. Nastasic should be 3rd choice, ahead of Steve Segal

forevermancity said:

Malanga next to kmpany for next year will be brilliant, Lescott to do his job for the next few months. Nastasic should be 3rd choice, ahead of Steve Segal
He fully deserved the plaudits he was getting after his debut season. He looked like he was well ahead of his years and the signs were there that he could develop into a very good CB. That's from a match going fan who speaks to a lot of other match going fans with a similar opinion.
The fact that he's gone backwards is concerning, there have been mitigating circumstances like injury, unsettled back 4 and different style of play but there's no doubting he's been off the pace whenever he's started this year.

Pablo1 said:
forevermancity said:

He fully deserved the plaudits he was getting after his debut season. He looked like he was well ahead of his years and the signs were there that he could develop into a very good CB. That's from a match going fan who speaks to a lot of other match going fans with a similar opinion.
The fact that he's gone backwards is concerning, there have been mitigating circumstances like injury, unsettled back 4 and different style of play but there's no doubting he's been off the pace whenever he's started this year.

He looked promising, but some of the stuff on here was cringeworthy to be honest.

For a young lad, to be surrounded by quality all day every day, being coached by quality staff, like you say, his regression is worrying

tbh i hope the boy would come on, but tbh has gone backwards. sumit has gone wrong with him, or maybe just a dip in form, but lets hope the real nasty will return like asap

I can't believe how quickly you lot turn on someone with obvious potential. You say he's going backwards, yet the facts are pretty clear to me.

When Mancini signed him, it's pretty obvious Mancini turned to him and just said 'You're my number 1 along with Vinnie, regardless of what happens, you will play if you're fit.' That automatically instills confidence in someone, especially at 19 years old, and it worked. Last season, he played without fear and with confidence, he made mistakes but he never lost his place.

This season, he got injured before the season had even started, comes back and Kompany gets injured and he just hasn't been able to cement his place in the team and that adds pressure. He's now going into games and thinking 'shit, if I fuck this up, I'm out of the team'. It's not Pellegrini's fault, far from it, but can you really hold all this against Nastastic? His manager last season had complete faith in him, this season, his new manager doesn't.

citytillidie24 said:
I can't believe how quickly you lot turn on someone with obvious potential. You say he's going backwards, yet the facts are pretty clear to me.

When Mancini signed him, it's pretty obvious Mancini turned to him and just said 'You're my number 1 along with Vinnie, regardless of what happens, you will play if you're fit.' That automatically instills confidence in someone, especially at 19 years old, and it worked. Last season, he played without fear and with confidence, he made mistakes but he never lost his place.

This season, he got injured before the season had even started, comes back and Kompany gets injured and he just hasn't been able to cement his place in the team and that adds pressure. He's now going into games and thinking 'shit, if I fuck this up, I'm out of the team'. It's not Pellegrini's fault, far from it, but can you really hold all this against Nastastic? His manager last season had complete faith in him, this season, his new manager doesn't.

i'd say that's pretty much it. He looks ill at ease and scared to be blamed. This causes mistakes whether through lack of acting or doing things when he shouldn't. Pellegrini's constant centre half rotation is not good for this lad. He's still a good player in my eyes and I hope he refinds his form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.