Matija Nastasic

If Nastasic were English the media would have been heralding as the next young thing in football because he isn't and because he plays for city there has been a deafening silence over his performances

He is looking more and more assured and at home in the side. As we saw with Rekik the fear of making mistakes at the start of ones 1st team career outweighs the taking of risks which is perfectly understandable and so he has played the game simply but with few errors

I genuinely think that Nastasic/Kompany will see City through the next 5/6 years and he will only then be reaching his peak which is quite a scary thought

We saw how Joe has dealt with the criticism levelled at him so it will be interesting to see how Nastasic copes when the first balls-up occurs as it will only be then that we will see his mental strength

I hope JL stays at the club as he too is a good player and we need good players but he is getting to the end of a great career but Nastasic is the long term future in my opinion

chesterguy said:
If Nastasic were English the media would have been heralding as the next young thing in football because he isn't and because he plays for city there has been a deafening silence over his performances

He is looking more and more assured and at home in the side. As we saw with Rekik the fear of making mistakes at the start of ones 1st team career outweighs the taking of risks which is perfectly understandable and so he has played the game simply but with few errors

I genuinely think that Nastasic/Kompany will see City through the next 5/6 years and he will only then be reaching his peak which is quite a scary thought

We saw how Joe has dealt with the criticism levelled at him so it will be interesting to see how Nastasic copes when the first balls-up occurs as it will only be then that we will see his mental strength

I hope JL stays at the club as he too is a good player and we need good players but he is getting to the end of a great career but Nastasic is the long term future in my opinion
The silence is good though. He's still young and with his feet on the ground I'm sure he'll be the best defender in the world in a few years.

can anyone tell me how he played against sunderland..? didn't watch the game... and do you guys think he still deserves to start ahead of lescot..?

scout said:
can anyone tell me how he played against sunderland..? didn't watch the game... and do you guys think he still deserves to start ahead of lescot..?

He and Kompany both played well enough, the defence wasn't really the problem and the goal was a shot from miles out. I think he fully warrants his starting place in our team.

LoveCity said:
scout said:

He and Kompany both played well enough, the defence wasn't really the problem and the goal was a shot from miles out. I think he fully warrants his starting place in our team.
thanks for the reply... i' ve seen on different forums, that many has him in their premier leauge team of the season so far.. and I agree with those guys who picked him... he was actually the most presented of all city players...

scout said:
LoveCity said:
scout said:

thanks for the reply... i' ve seen on different forums, that many has him in their premier leauge team of the season so far.. and I agree with those guys who picked him... he was actually the most presented of all city players...

He's been one of our most consistent defenders. He and Kompany had just started to put together a very good run of clean sheets before Kompany got injured. Bit of a bugger!

Armaan said:
chesterguy said:

The silence is good though. He's still young and with his feet on the ground I'm sure he'll be the best defender in the world in a few years.

Best in the world I don't know, the form he is in though it may not be too far of a stretch. I think though that Nasty is very good especially for his age and that we could be seeing one of the next best defenders in the league.

nastasic,and rekik,two reasons as to why we can cash in on lescott,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.