Matt Le Tissier

A myth. Overhyped big fish in a small pond.

Never achieved anything that deserves the hype, lazy off the ball and bottled it when given the chance of a big move on several occasions.

8 caps and 0 goals for England. A Sad **** who never had the winning mentality, no wonder he is up to his eyes in conspiracist bullshit and living in Froggy's backside.

It’s possible to be all those things and a gifted player. Which he clearly was. Infact if everything you say about him is true, only a truly gifted player could have been all that and have played professional football in a top league for so long.

It’s possible to be all those things and a gifted player. Which he clearly was. Infact if everything you say about him is true, only a truly gifted player could have been all that and have played professional football in a top league for so long.

The Premier league in the era that he played was not the top leagues. Full of cash but lacking top tactics, lacking the top standards of fitness and littered with alcoholics who still played every week.

It was a retirement ground for Serie A players until 2000.

There are plenty of players who scored wonder goals who ultimately achieved fuck all.

Paulo Henrique Ganso and Gourcuff were similar players, lots of talent but poor work effort who never achieved the potential they were hyped up for.

No one talks about them, because they didn't play in a romanticised era of football.

He scored lots of goals at bottom to mid table club in a lesser era, Kevin Phillips won the golden shoe one year.

But you would get raised eyebrows if you claimed he was one of England's best ever strikers.

Adel Taarabt was famously banned from receiving the ball in his own half at QPR yet he went on to play holding midfield at Benfica.

Le Tissier is a thick selfish **** and he probably always was.

He’d never hack it in the PL now. The game’s moved on. And I thought it was very telling what he said about coaching - he hated the man management side of it and he couldn’t be arsed doing badges and didn’t see the point. Coaches nowadays are expected to have them.

cannot think of a worse pair to end up at a table with drinking

If I was the barman I would be tempted to slip line cleaner in their drinks

He got what he wanted and he’s STILL fucking whining about it. ****’s gone bananas. Nobody even wears masks now we have jabs.

Paulo Henrique Ganso and Gourcuff were similar players, lots of talent but poor work effort who never achieved the potential they were hyped up for.

No one talks about them

Strange comparison. Nobody in England talks about those players because neither of them ever played in England. One of them barely in Europe.

People talk about Le Tissier in England because he played nearly 500 games over 15 seasons in its top league, scored a lot of special goals and 99.9% of people would describe him as being a “gifted footballer “

It’s allowed to dislike someone and criticise their work rate and personality, whilst admitting they had some tremendous skills.

If Le Tissier got COVID he’d just claim it was flu and that it’s nothing really. Although he hasn’t been jabbed.

All this is because he couldn’t see his grandkids, isn’t it?

That surprises me, I thought it would be the other way round. Shearer does come across as a bit up himself, though he's quite funny on Twitter and he and Ian Wright crack me up.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.