Matthijs de Ligt

I'm sorry but if De Ligt joins us he is mad. We have a ready made future pairing of Laporte and Stones and a current very good pairing in Kompany and Otamendi. Even if Pep bins Kompany, which would be mad, De Ligt would have to be unreal to get in ahead of Laporte because we only just signed him. I'm a huge believer in Johnno but even if he never ever regains his form there wouldn't be any point in playing two left sided centre backs so thats not a route in either. The only player it would make sense for him to replace is Ota and we just handed him a new contract so that's not happening.

Posted by your good self and Stones is a right sided player, having covered for the blue dippers at right back in over 20 matches.

I really don't undertand what your point is mate?

not needed how many more 50 million pound defenders do we need to make us look more stupid,we can't keep doing it surely we have what we need now

why on earth would anyone think the Champions, breaking all Premier League records in goals scored, goal difference, passes per game, points total, points from next team, games won and a plethora of others, look stupid based on its recruitment. You are Arsene Wanker or Tony Atwood and I claim my 5 quid?

Is he a utility player?

Our squad could do with a young player in the mould of Lahm/Kimmich/Zabaleta.

Is he a utility player?

Our squad could do with a young player in the mould of Lahm/Kimmich/Zabaleta.
No. He's the world's most talented CB in his age group, has roughly the same skillset as Stones. Would cost a fortune.

No. He's the world's most talented CB in his age group, has roughly the same skillset as Stones. Would cost a fortune.

More than Laporte?

I wouldn’t say centre back is necessarily a weak area of ours, especially if Stones can show some consistency and Vinny can stay fit for 70% of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.