Matthijs de Ligt

He already is though
Yep but he would expecting not for long though. As someone said before the injury he was a starter. With Ota expected to leave and Komps injury record stones would be expected to be back as a starter next season. If de ligt comes for likely a very large fee and the expectations on him despite his age I reckon stones would be on the bench mostly and I'm not sure he would be happy.

I'm not saying not to buy de ligt if there is a chance though as I think he is a once in generation player. We should get him. But i think the situation with stones will be a problem.

Laporte is our best CB and rarely doesnt start. If Stones was as good/trusted the same would apply

As others have pointed out before the injury , he was very much a starter with Laporte . Kompany has been immense these last few game weeks but we all know his injury record

For much of the season, he was number 1 and looked tremendous. He has had injury and personal issues to deal with but is a super player
Needs his head fixing. Not mentally tough enough for that role too often. Brilliant against Liverpool with the goal line save, but then you see him looking nervous as hell on occasion! Needs a strong, consistent season to silence the doubters.

Needs his head fixing. Not mentally tough enough for that role too often. Brilliant against Liverpool with the goal line save, but then you see him looking nervous as hell on occasion! Needs a strong, consistent season to silence the doubters.

Did read about his personal issues . Could see why his head would not be in it . Credit to Pep and kompany on how it's worked out.

Hope it's sorted out and we can get his Early season form.

As for de ligt , can't see us getting with his agent hating pep and him personally wanting to go to Barca

As for de ligt , can't see us getting with his agent hating pep and him personally wanting to go to Barca

Don’t think we were ever in the running tbh.

We are named as suitors for every fucker with a pulse atm, so it makes sense his name would come up, but two intelligent DMs with versatility are our top priority. We have done strong young CB talent coming through, but might need an established name to supplement our ranks until they’re fully ripe.

I think it is going to be a big, expensive summer as Pep sees the young guns across Europe who are setting new challenges. Real need young talent, Bayern need it, Barca need it at the back, United need it, and PSG are a shambles even though they are walking Ligue 1...so, one expects there to be quite a battle for top young European talent this summer!!

Time to get out the cheque book before any potential transfer ban!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.