Matthijs de Ligt

In Spain, maybe. In England, don't see it based on his style of play and flakiness.

I think he's only gonna get better. Been a long season this year numerous players have dipped in form due to the high demamds of so many games.

He's improved in everything he's been taught by Pep. I'm expecting Ota to be a mainstay in our starting 11 for the next 4-5 years. If I could play next to any of our centre halfs I'd pick Ota every day (I'm like a Stones/Laporte but a poor man's league version)

I stated a while back that Vinny was being paid off at end of season ?? ( Karen ? ) with De Ligt being only 18 , that would mean he has a chance to become HG !

All maybe true, but he is 18 years old.

To put that into perspective, Vinny was 22 when he signed for City & spent quite a while getting used to the Premier League before being trusted as a cb.
Don't think it was so much about trust as a centre back more that with Hamman being ancient we had no one left to play as a holding midfielder but we had Dunne and Onouha plus we had just signed Ben Haim at centre back.

All maybe true, but he is 18 years old.

To put that into perspective, Vinny was 22 when he signed for City & spent quite a while getting used to the Premier League before being trusted as a cb.

I have no idea whether this guy will be the next Vinny, but if our scouts & D.O.F. are good enough to get 50% of these kind of judgements right, I am all for us signing the best young players from around the world & playing them in our team whenever the time comes.
The chances that he'll be one of the top CBs in future are very high. In 3 years when he is 21, and both Kompany and Otamendi are both gone we'd have two 25 year olds and one 21 year old, with all 3 likely in the top 25 CBs in the world.

Don't see how that is necessarily a bad thing.

The chances that he'll be one of the top CBs in future are very high. In 3 years when he is 21, and both Kompany and Otamendi are both gone we'd have two 25 year olds and one 21 year old, with all 3 likely in the top 25 CBs in the world.

Don't see how that is necessarily a bad thing.

I haven't bothered studying enough of him & he's been on the end of a few beatings but we have done ok with Jesus & Sané plus were reportedly in for Mbappe a year before he became famous & if even half of these moves come to fruition, even if the transfer fees are not cheap, it would still save a fortune compared to the cost a few seasons later.

We should also attach the same importance to testing out our own academy products rather than discarding them.

I've seen a lot of this kid, he was/Is better than Davinson Sanchez at spurs and he is looking very good considering his age. Last summer my 4 players I wanted at city were de ligt, Leon Bailey, Justin kluivert & sessigon. They are still who I think we should add with possibly Werner being groomed to takeover aguerro.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.