Mayfield Depot Tonight 93.20 celebration

It is simple. The event was a celebration of "THAT Day" and that day only, not about what has happened since THAT Day, there are other times for that.

Look, obviously, you're a bit thick for not understanding.

NOBODY is disputing what the '93:20' celebration was about.

Actual City fans are talking about the reason for the booing, even if the beer-throwing action was unnecessary in action. The legacy of that day remains. The respect for the man, since that day, has greatly diminished for the actions I have already mentioned, but you cannot understand that his actions have blurred what was once thought of him. That seeped over that night. Fans are NOT robots. We remember things.

"It is simple" for US as fans.

Sky despise City. Our arrival as a competitive force disrupted the cosy cabal and blew the wheels off of their gravy train.

They despise City not only for that, but equally because as a fan base - unlike the two red cash cows - we cannot be monetised (milked) to anything like the same extent. The impact on their revenues since 2008 will be significant and getting worse as every year of our domestic dominance continues. They despise us simply because we threaten their business model.

If we had the commercial reach of the rags or liverpool, the Sky narrative would be the polar opposite of the snide indifference that we see today.

So what of Martin Tyler? He is a decent family man and a consummate professional, highly respected in his industry. Unfortunately for him, as an employee of Sky, he represents (with great skill alongside the dick Neville) the narrative of bitterness and hatred of Manchester City.

His gritted-teeth commentary of 93:20 was good but not at the same level as say Guy Mowbray who was able to bring to his commentary what Tyler absolutely could not - human empathy.

So inviting him to this celebration was such a stupid idea. Much better Mowbray himself, or perhaps someone like Martin Samuel who, after Sergio's winner, wore a smile as big as ours and has been an advocate of our Club for many years since.

Thankfully other than Tyler and the Hot Dogs - it sounds like they organised a great night for everyone!

Sky despise City? That makes little sense as an organisation. My understanding is Sky share ownership with Sheikh Mansour of Sky News Arabia and have been commercial partners since 2010? If they did despise us this seems an odd union.

Last edited:
No. It was not. That's like saying someone killed by lightning was "asking for trouble" by simply existing. Trouble was not invited.

Your attitude is a bit stupid for the lack of understanding what happened.

If you had a 'best mate' who you found out was a paedo, but got invited to your wedding, would you be happy?

I'll be your reasoning would be "I remember him as a great mate not his actions since!"!

Yes, it was dumb with the attack, but when you see who's perceived to be an 'enemy', you're going to bristle.

It's incredible with the lack of awareness of emotion and alcohol involved, about the night.

Sky despise City? That makes little sense as an organisation. My understanding is Sky share ownership with Sheikh Mansour of Sky News Arabia and have been commercial partners since 2010? If they did despise us this seems an odd union.
Your anti-City media agenda denial is well-known and has lasted years. Your instance on continuing to make yourself look like an idiot on this particular topic is equally as predictable as it is bizarre.

It was a celebration of 93.20, simple as that, not a night to bring negative comments from any source.
Fair point samarasra but I think you would have to be something of a romantic idealistic to expect people to be out on an event like this and just set-aside the subsequent years of constant sniping. It's a nice thought but somewhat unrealistic.

Your anti-City media agenda denial is well-known and has lasted years. Your instance on continuing to make yourself look like an idiot on this particular topic is equally as predictable as it is bizarre.

Yes, best not to try and answer my question. I asked you a question in good faith, even giving you the benefit of the doubt after your comments last night. But yes you proved yourself again to be a pretty sad individual chucking insults behind your screen.

I fully support every bit of abuse given to Tyler by City fans. He has done everything in his power to ensure we are seen as the bad guys through continually amplifying any perceived negatives and downplaying any positives about the club.

Make no mistake Aguero’s goal hurt him deeply. I met him in that Summer and all he wanted to talk about was Kompany being injured and how much money we had spent. He has dripped his poison about us in every commentary since.

I don’t really listen to commentators I use to get wound up by what they say but carnt think of specifics other than money. I don’t know if he has been like that I would like specific examples of what he has done wrong.
I think the bigger problem are ex players and talkSPORT Pundits journalist etc.

Blame the messenger/snitch, not the transgressor, that never changes.

Read back on my comments, I've already said the moron who threw the beer was a dick and I hope he's found and dealt with. As it was a balloted event of only 2,000 it might not be as hard to find him as he thinks hiding in the dark as he threw it. What equally annoys me is that a few amongst us are happy to do the media's work for them and highlight such issues instead of keeping it in-house. I was about 50-100 feet from the stage on the raised section and I wasn't aware beer had been thrown at him until I read this thread. If I wasn't aware I doubt the media would until it was mentioned or somebody contacted them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.