Mc Donald Mariga deal done (Merged)

OrigamiNinja said:
Pigeonho said:
Fucking hell blues, llok at you's all wanting Cook's head! ANYONE who can organise a transfer like Robinho's, when the takeover was only done that same day, knows what they are doing. Not one of you know the lead up to this Mariga failure.

To be fair Pigeonho it seems to be black and white as for the reasons behind this failed transfer. The reason why this move was doomed was mentioned days ago by people on here and we are talking normal fans not people who are employees at immigration. If these people knew this was going to happen then I would suggest it is quite reasonable to expect those in charge of Citys transfers should also know this! It is quite farcical that this has been allowed to happen 4 hours before the deadline!
its a disgrace and shows how inept we are at times...

Don't really need Mariga to be honest. What's the point when we can just pay 20-60 million for a player in that position in the summer. Mariga isn't that good that he can just replace De Jong, Barry or Ireland, far from it. We need a player that is definitely good enough to do that.

To be honest i'd love Gago. Alright he hasn't been the best for Madrid but he's a top quality football player which is why Real Madrid desperately wanted him out the 2 they got (Gago and Higuain). He's composed in midfield, not feared of a tackle and will help keep the ball in the middle of the park instead of just a pump (Barry usually does). He's a very decent footballer who would be a long term hit at the club in my opinion. Real Madrid just isn't the place for him, he needs time to rediscover the form he once had and fulfil potential to be one of the best in his position in world football. I don't think 17 million seems that steep.

Damocles said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
When Mancini said about mariga why didnt someone point out that it would be almost impossible to get a work permit and then we could of moved on to someone else instead of having a hearing this morning.

Because it wasn't set in stone. Manucho to the rags is a good example.

If we wouldn't have gone for him, how many people would be complaining that they didn't even try?
its not a case of having a punt for a player and hoping for the best, its leaving it so late that we now dont have a plan B.

deano ou812 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
To be fair Pigeonho it seems to be black and white as for the reasons behind this failed transfer. The reason why this move was doomed was mentioned days ago by people on here and we are talking normal fans not people who are employees at immigration. If these people knew this was going to happen then I would suggest it is quite reasonable to expect those in charge of Citys transfers should also know this! It is quite farcical that this has been allowed to happen 4 hours before the deadline!
its a disgrace and shows how inept we are at times...

Typical City springs to mind, thought we were beginning to shed this tag !!!

Pigeonho said:
BringBackSwales said:
hardly the point is it - if it was a one off nobody would be arsed, but he has twice referred to us as manchester united, his table thumping at Mancini's press conf was appalling to watch, his comments ref Kaka were absurd, his speech in new york at best naive less than a week before the swamp derby, his disappearance for 2 weeks when it hit the fan about Thaksin (leaving hughes to defend the club) and so it goes on

Ok, so the straw that broke the camels back then? Didn't realise the hatred was in general, just seemed to be from this transfer. I know he's fucked up in the past, didn';t realise the comments were about him and the other cock ups. Apologies.

sorry fella wasn't intentionally having a pop - but yes I dislike gary cock generally for his behaviour since he became our CEO - and I forgot to add, his comment about "typical City" not being acceptable anymore was laughable (a) because it is part of our culture, self mocking is a part of being CITY and (b) he is typical City himself. Anyway no offence meant

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Damocles said:
Because it wasn't set in stone. Manucho to the rags is a good example.

If we wouldn't have gone for him, how many people would be complaining that they didn't even try?
its not a case of having a punt for a player and hoping for the best, its leaving it so late that we now dont have a plan B.

Oh right, I misunderstood, that's a fair viewpoint.

Anyone any idea how that Diouf of United got a work permit. Having played all of 1 game for Senegal?

City knew that it would be turned down and would have to appeal. They must have been confident that they could make a good case in the appeal but it didn't go their way and he's not coming. We had a go and it didn't work out. No biggy, most of us had never heard of him anyway.

Left back anyone?!

BringBackSwales said:
Pigeonho said:
Ok, so the straw that broke the camels back then? Didn't realise the hatred was in general, just seemed to be from this transfer. I know he's fucked up in the past, didn';t realise the comments were about him and the other cock ups. Apologies.

sorry fella wasn't intentionally having a pop - but yes I dislike gary cock generally for his behaviour since he became our CEO - and I forgot to add, his comment about "typical City" not being acceptable anymore was laughable (a) because it is part of our culture, self mocking is a part of being CITY and (b) he us typical City himself. Anyway no offence meant

During the Kaka saga, I wanted to curl up into a ball and hibernate until 1/2/09. Alot of naive blues in the office were almost at the point they couldn't and wouldn't work, due to excitement. I told them time and time again, 'we will not sign Kaka'!!!

levets said:
Matty said:
Quite frankly a player from a nation barely in the Worlds top 100 was never going to get a work permit.

George Weah

Weah spent 7 years in France and 5 in Italy before coming to England, potentially in that time he sought, and gained, a passport?

Also he was a former World and European player of the year, this would allow whoever signed him to claim "special circumstances" based on the calibre of the individual involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.