Mc Donald Mariga deal done (Merged)

it does look like we had our heads up our arses for the last 31 days.

i hoped perhaps for a flair player in midfield to replace robinho, a left back, maybe a striker. rsc is fucked, benjani is leaving. we really have tevez and ade and bellers but if we suffer with a couple of injuries is it going to be enough to place us 4th with the way spurs and villa are playing ?

Richard said:
Anyone any idea how that Diouf of United got a work permit. Having played all of 1 game for Senegal?

He had to wait, they wanted him to join last summer but he had to wait till this month

Matty said:
levets said:
George Weah

Weah spent 7 years in France and 5 in Italy before coming to England, potentially in that time he sought, and gained, a passport?

Also he was a former World and European player of the year, this would allow whoever signed him to claim "special circumstances" based on the calibre of the individual involved.

What about Ade?

Richard said:
Anyone any idea how that Diouf of United got a work permit. Having played all of 1 game for Senegal?

cos it's the rags and they have different rules to the rest of us.

Damocles said:
Matty said:
Weah spent 7 years in France and 5 in Italy before coming to England, potentially in that time he sought, and gained, a passport?

Also he was a former World and European player of the year, this would allow whoever signed him to claim "special circumstances" based on the calibre of the individual involved.

What about Ade?

See above (plus the "calibre" argument could be made far more forceably than for McDonald Mariga who, lets face it, 99% of us had never heard of).

Matty said:
Damocles said:
Just to let you know how fucked up this all this, Adebayor's country, Togo, was also outside of the top 70 at the time of his transfer.
Did we need a work permit or does he hold a French passport?

Also, as he was already working within the UK, does he need a new permit?

No, his dual nationality is Togoelese/Nigerian IIRC. And yes, in based UK transfers still need work permits.

I think if all the facts were laid on the table, and I mean all the facts about Ade, Weah and all the other 'but they got one' posts, as well as the facts about this failing, it would make more sense. I can;t for one minute believe we employ 2 people who would wait till deadline day to find out he never had a chance in the first place. They are professionals after all, so perhaps most of the animosity here is due to frustration? Besides, he may have turned out to be shit anyways!

S.E.H said:
Richard said:

He had to wait, they wanted him to join last summer but he had to wait till this month

What difference does it make. He still doesn't meet the criteria.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.