MCFC.co.uk ERROR LIST

al-kitbi said:
skybluekings said:
I don't think its that no one in here is interested, its just that it doesn't affect us directly so maybe that's why there hasn't been any responses to your post. I agree with you though that there needs to be a better job done on that side of the site, if we truly are to incorporate the Arabic speaking supporters of Man City.

It makes no sense whatsoever to advertise a multiple language site if the translations or updating of the other languages are non-existent.

The website is great. We all agree on that and as was announced today, the site may be inline for some honors in web design. That being said, the site is lacking poorly in maintenance.

If certain aspects of the site cannot be maintained effectively...DON'T add them to the site.
For example, the reserve news had a reserve table next to it which was not updated all season. That has now since been removed. I guess someone didn't have the time to keep it updated.

Another example is the player stats page.
Lets look at Robinho. 2 league games played and 0% passes made LOL!
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Players/Strikers/Robinho

From the look of things, the website's ambition exceeds its real ability to provide the content they envisioned. All good ideas, but if they can't be updated, what's the point. Al-kitbi has a great point made, the reality of it is even worse if you look at it as what it is, we take the money of our Arab owners, but we show utter disregard for our Arabic fans. Doesn't sound good, but its true.

MCFC.co.uk needs to do a better job. Patting ourselves on the back leads only to complacency which is evident in the elements of the site which continue to be ignored.

One thing you are guaranteed to see is the fixtures page and result from games. Something as basic as updating the scores after a game usually takes a day to do.

Best website in football. Lackadaisical in effort.

thanx for your response
i don't think its to hard to update th arabic version it may need to hire one or two employees

Well whatever modules they have for data input into the existing pages can be easily duplicated for data entry into the Arabic version. They just need Arabic speaking employees to translate existing pages into Arabic ones. I know it sounds easy, but for some reason at MCFC.co.uk it has proven difficult. I think its down to lack of effort. The fact that an Arabic language version exists means that elements are in place to do the site in Arabic, its just that someone is not doing their job. If the site really cost £2m then that's a sham.

The downside to this is that our Arab fans are faced with a lack of updated information about MCFC and are therefore not able to build a fan relationship as us bluemooners and citmancs etc. If the club sows neglect to Arab city fans, how can they expect to build a relationship with them?

Fixtures page show tickets "On sale" for the Wigan away game.
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures

Ticket office says they are "sold out"

Some people have gone to the ticket office because the website says they are on sale only to the told there that they are sold out. '

MCFC.co.uk please realize how important it is to update material on the website because it directly affects City fans, sometimes in a negative way (cost to go to City's ticket office, time off taken, frustration) when the information provided is misleading/incorrect.

Regarding the Arabic site: we're currently developing the back-end and how we translate in order to make it easier to update and so it has the same functionality of mcfc.co.uk. I can't give you an ETA on this but we're well aware of the need to have our Arabic site running parallel with the OS.

Thanks,

Chris
MCFC Social Media Manager

The prem table on the OS has us down as playing 7 winning 5 drawing 0 and losing 1. Strangely it shows the correct points.

stony said:
The prem table on the OS has us down as playing 7 winning 5 drawing 0 and losing 1. Strangely it shows the correct points.

LOL! You have to wonder whose job is it to update mcfc.co.uk or who is the project leader for the site?
Someone is not doing an effective job.

The focus seems to be uploading video and news causing everything else to be ignored.

What City need is a daily check list in order to maintain the integrity of the site.

Eg:
1. Scores
2. Tickets for sale
3. Table
4. Player profile with related stats

Obviously 1,2 and 4 would be done the day after games, but 3 needs to be done daily. There are other things I'm sure which need to be maintain, but there should be a checklist without a doubt as this would ensure the information on the site is current and correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.