MCFC Fans Northern Ireland - Cup Final Meet-up in Belfast

law74 said:
Some of the Northern Ireland clubs had an end of season 6 - side charity competition and then a raffle, pub quiz and an auction for a few seasons, but that fell by the wayside due to a variety of reasons, then we tried to get a club to host a meeting at a bar for a televised game that those that were not going over to attend, but again, that failed to continue.
There area LOT of City fans on this side of the Irish Sea (most of us grey haired now I will admit), but something like this will help us more than the odd meeting in the Birkenhead ferry or meeting for a few minutes at the airport, and needs to be developed.

Yeah definitely...perhaps its a "lazier" way of keeping in touch and arranging things. I know a couple of guys who just arent able to commit to regularly attending club meetings and outings etc...not taking anything away from the clubs that are up and running...they do a brilliant job. This is mostly a bit of craic and a bit of banter for those of us drowning in a sea of Rags over here.

:-)

law74 said:
Some of the Northern Ireland clubs had an end of season 6 - side charity competition and then a raffle, pub quiz and an auction for a few seasons, but that fell by the wayside due to a variety of reasons, then we tried to get a club to host a meeting at a bar for a televised game that those that were not going over to attend, but again, that failed to continue.
Cookstown Branch are hosting the 6-a-sides this year on 18th June. Apart from last year when it fell through, it's been a regular in the calendar for 6 or 7 years now. The day's craic is mighty.
Several clubs have been meeting regularly to try to organise more joint events and are currently planning another dinner. (Last one had Tony Book, Joe Corrigan, Peter Barnes, Tommy Booth and Gary Owen in attendance)
There are definately active clubs in Cookstown, Gilford, Portadown, Belfast and Lisburn and I believe Coleraine, Ballymena and Brantwood could well be active also.
Search one out and get involved - it's great to watch games with fellow Blues (our club meet for every televised game in a local and get to CoMS 5 or 6 times a year)
Recruitment ad, over!

blue_paul said:
UUJblue said:
Mourne OSC ;) members: 5

Get some photo's of the day up lads. Especially of the reds faces when you lot take over the pub!

aye we'll have to take a supporters club photo haha trust me theres quite a few reds keeping quiet lately yeooo

alright lads, will be going down to laverys for this as well at about 2. bringing a mate of mine along hes a gooner but will be cheering for city or else he gets a kicking ;)

upstairs i take it? has tv screens outside as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.