MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - NEW DATE TICKETS AVAILABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fri 26th April MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse

Gary James said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Not this looks really interesting. I'm a nostalgia buff and I can immediately recognise unseen and interesting footage. The 76 homecoming is one, and the MErcer interview another.

I will certainly be there for this. Looking forward to it.

Is there a DVD release in the offing or are there too many copywrite issues? I would imagine the latter. I'd imagine a growing market for a DVD version of your latest book, Gary. A visual history of the club. I remember one being made about 10-15 years ago and released by the club, might have been a freebie, I can't quite remember. I even think you were on it as a talking head. Am I imagining this or did it happen?

There won't be a DVD unfortunately. The footage is all available via the NWFA but there are some restrictions on them, so a DVD can't happen unfortunately.

As for the DVD book idea... I've always wanted to do a combined History book/DVD but never managed to find a company with the right resources to do it. The one you are thinking of was by David Clayton I believe. I shouldn't be on that because I've never been interviewed for it.

I was script editor for the history DVD produced in 2001/2 and was a talking head on that - we decided to use me whenever we had a gap that couldn't be filled by a film clip or by another talking head (former player, manager etc.).

I enjoyed script editing that and it led to me writing and producing the 6 part "History of Football" for Channel M - I wish that had been made into a DVD.

The film show at Cornerhouse has taken a lot to put together and we're currently reviewing and editing content. It won't include much match action but some of the stuff that surrounds the club. Got some very interesting material on managerial merry go round in the late 70s (Allison/Book/Bond - none of it from that Granada CITY documentary). Also, colour film of Maine Rd in 1930s; colour film of Bert Trautmann taking a goal kick at Maine Rd; and much more.

It's the 2001 DVD/Vidro i'm thinking of but my memory is telling me it was given away rather than sold. Joe Corrigan was on it (I can remember him saying sadly "...but we never really replaced Belly" and it summed up our 70s fall from grace) and I'm sure you.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I bought it.

Gary James said:
pete1970 said:
Hi Gary.
This sounds really good i will try to attend-Ticket providing,Have u got any of the Nationwide Documentary from 1977 on this?

Sadly, no. We've not been able to track it down via the BBC (and there would probably be rights issues then as well). The material we've got comes from a variety of sources and dates from the 1920s through to end of Maine Road. Lots of 1970s interviews as well as unusual items.
The Nationwide inserts appear to be on BBC Motion Gallery. Here's the first one...

Nationwide130977.png

mcfcvideos said:
Gary James said:
pete1970 said:
Hi Gary.
This sounds really good i will try to attend-Ticket providing,Have u got any of the Nationwide Documentary from 1977 on this?

Sadly, no. We've not been able to track it down via the BBC (and there would probably be rights issues then as well). The material we've got comes from a variety of sources and dates from the 1920s through to end of Maine Road. Lots of 1970s interviews as well as unusual items.
The Nationwide inserts appear to be on BBC Motion Gallery. Here's the first one...

Nationwide130977.png

That looks tantalising - would love to see it again. I was only a kid back then, but I remember the item on Colin Bell being really heartbreaking. I remember them saying that they were inundated with letters from non-City fans, too, after they screened it.

As for the event on 26 April, I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but I'd love to arrange a weekend in Mcr and come to it if at all possible. I'll see how things pan out.

PS - Thanks Gary for your comment in the other thread (about City away games at MR). Been madly busy at work this week so just seen it.

will be there Gary;looking forward to it.

I've had a few messages about tickets - these will go on sale direct from Cornerhouse at the end of March (they're sorting all of that out).

Obviously, I'll also mention it when it gets nearer the time. Personally, I'd like the tickets on sale now so that we can properly gauge interest but we have to wait. Hope this helps.

Nice one gary its quite a handy location for me that, i'll try and make it down

Would love to see footage of the Boys in Blue song.
I hope it's shown in the large cinema across from the main building and not the 40 seater inside the main building.
Hope the night is a success - I'm sure it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.