MCFC Player of the Year

Kompany or Silva for me.

Kompany has improved again since last year and has been an absolute colossus for us, arguably now the best defender in the league and hopefully with us for years to come. He's played to a consistently high standard and has really shown his leadership qualities in recent weeks.

Silva - absolutely love this guy. Made light work of settling into a completely different league and country and very quickly showed his class. Looks after the ball as if it was a priceless jewel and has a tremendous passing range and creativity. He makes us tick going forward and is the kind of player I could watch all day. The thing that impressed me most was his willingness to work for the team, often players of his talent (and build tbf) can be enigmatic but he's not afraid to mix it when he has to.

Honourable mentions to Tevez who despite the off-field issues has continued to give 100% and you can't argue with his scoring record. Zabaleta, he improves every year, never complains and has put in several outstanding performances. He's the kind of player we need in the squad. Also been impressed by Lescott, again he's one who hasn't had that many chances but now he's had a run in the side since Kolo was suspended he has visibly improved on his early performances and looks very solid.

Overall I don't think anyone has had a "bad" season. Yaya, Hart, NDJ, Richards, Johnson, Barry have all put in some excellent performances. And I think there's a lot more to come from the likes of Balotelli, Dzeko, Kolarov, Boateng, Milner etc. The future's looking bright :D

Berkovic_blue said:
Kompany or Silva for me.

Kompany has improved again since last year and has been an absolute colossus for us, arguably now the best defender in the league and hopefully with us for years to come. He's played to a consistently high standard and has really shown his leadership qualities in recent weeks.

Silva - absolutely love this guy. Made light work of settling into a completely different league and country and very quickly showed his class. Looks after the ball as if it was a priceless jewel and has a tremendous passing range and creativity. He makes us tick going forward and is the kind of player I could watch all day. The thing that impressed me most was his willingness to work for the team, often players of his talent (and build tbf) can be enigmatic but he's not afraid to mix it when he has to.

Honourable mentions to Tevez who despite the off-field issues has continued to give 100% and you can't argue with his scoring record. Zabaleta, he improves every year, never complains and has put in several outstanding performances. He's the kind of player we need in the squad. Also been impressed by Lescott, again he's one who hasn't had that many chances but now he's had a run in the side since Kolo was suspended he has visibly improved on his early performances and looks very solid.

Overall I don't think anyone has had a "bad" season. Yaya, Hart, NDJ, Richards, Johnson, Barry have all put in some excellent performances. And I think there's a lot more to come from the likes of Balotelli, Dzeko, Kolarov, Boateng, Milner etc. The future's looking bright :D
I have to echo this.

1) By quite a way Kompany IMO
2) Tevez
3) Yaya Toure
4) Silva
5) Hart/De Jong ... That's my top 5/6 ..

If Kolarov scored a 30 yard free kick in the last minute at Wembley to win the cup though... I would probably give it him..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.