MCFC Ultras group

Stevie B said:
Name:
Always Ultra's?

if all the people who have complained about there being no atmosphere actually sang at matches I think we wouldn't need to form any group.

People need to dump their Ego's outside the ground, maybe this will improve atmosphere?
Seems people need to drink in order to sing.

Think this is bob on as well. The problem I have here, is that I am finding myself agreeing with most on here. Me and my mates sing everywhere, home or away and don't give a fuck about looks from anyone, we are proud to be blues and will sing loud and proud. So why isn't the atmosphere one of the best in the league I say to myself? (Think we have one of the most, if not the most loyal fans in the league so why not the loudest?) Sounds like we all agree, yet a lot of the time it's quiet at home and I don't understand why.

Anyone notice that in Europe they actually know what to do with a large flag? They hold it still so you can see whatever message has been printed on it. Over here we pass it round the ground for some odd reason and, quite frankly, it looks fucking shit!

we need more young fans, not saying that older fans dont sing, I know a fair few that would sing non stop all game and young lads that wont sing at all. however generally the atmospheres are created by younger lads, who are a decreasing number at city, Im nineteen cant afford to go evry game, neither can most of my mates, however when we do we sing our hearts out.

citys home crowd is increasingly getting older, most younger people cant afford to go and are in the main are not willing to pay 40 quid upwards for a ticket, for this reason I beleive we need a stand thats cheap ten pound, and has unallocated seating, where you can just sit with your mates and sing, thats what it youst to be like didnt it ? stands full of young working class lads, just like in germany now.

bluebannana said:
we need more young fans, not saying that older fans dont sing, I know a fair few that would sing non stop all game and young lads that wont sing at all. however generally the atmospheres are created by younger lads, who are a decreasing number at city, Im nineteen cant afford to go evry game, neither can most of my mates, however when we do we sing our hearts out.

citys home crowd is increasingly getting older, most younger people cant afford to go and are in the main are not willing to pay 40 quid upwards for a ticket, for this reason I beleive we need a stand thats cheap ten pound, and has unallocated seating, where you can just sit with your mates and sing, thats what it youst to be like didnt it ? stands full of young working class lads, just like in germany now.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying and wish it could happen, you are living in dreamland unfortunately. Not a cat in hell's chance that will happen mate.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I could stand at the front of the stand and shout 'Give me an M' and the fans all shout back 'M', this would continue until I'd spelt out 'Manchester City', after that you all have to take 4 steps to the left, 3 steps to the right, jazz hands, quick twirl, 5 steps forward, 2 steps back, jazz hands, big smile, turn around and freeze.

Admittedly that sounds a bit gay but it's not as gay as drums, trumpets or calling yourself an 'Ultra'.

Fuck me, I must be getting old because in my day people sang or they didn't they didn't need to give themselves a little name to prove they sing and they didn't need to be told what to sing, when to sing it, how to sing it and in what fucking key.

If everyone on here who claims to want to sing actually did sing then there wouldn't be such a muted atmosphere at times. Put your money where your mouth is, you don't need a chufty badge or a **** with a loud speaker, you just need to do what you claim to do.

Fuck the away fans, fuck spurious claims of knowledge of modern stadium acoustics, fuck the fact some people can't/won't sing and never will, if you want to fucking sing, go to the fucking livelier parts of the fucking ground and fucking sing. The Blue Alliance are pretty open to new members from what I can gather, they like a sing, they make no secret of this, join them or at least fucking sit/stand with them and sing rather than attempt to copy some half arsed idea from fucking Celtic or fucking Dortmund or whoever.

The minute you plan an atmosphere it becomes contrived and shit, let shit unfold the way shit unfolds. All the lads I know (aged from 15-50ish) are happy to sing and be loud but they'd all want no part of an orchestrated 'at 29 mins we end 'Oh Balotelli' and segue into 'We're not really here', in Eminor' type of set up.

MCFC or Glee, you decide.

Peace, love, Unity and Having Fun

Are you no missing the point?

You say in your day people sang, so you recognising that now we don't sing. I agree contrived stuff would be shite, but only whoever is dictating it has got thewrong ideas. I would love to see an ultras group which everyone can contribute to. Maybe drums wouldn't work, fine we move on and try something else.

Can't understand people slagging off these ideas whilst admitting there is a problem. We need to listen to the ideas being put forward before criticising them instead of making assumptions.

-- Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 am --

TheMightyQuinn said:
I could stand at the front of the stand and shout 'Give me an M' and the fans all shout back 'M', this would continue until I'd spelt out 'Manchester City', after that you all have to take 4 steps to the left, 3 steps to the right, jazz hands, quick twirl, 5 steps forward, 2 steps back, jazz hands, big smile, turn around and freeze.

Admittedly that sounds a bit gay but it's not as gay as drums, trumpets or calling yourself an 'Ultra'.

Fuck me, I must be getting old because in my day people sang or they didn't they didn't need to give themselves a little name to prove they sing and they didn't need to be told what to sing, when to sing it, how to sing it and in what fucking key.

If everyone on here who claims to want to sing actually did sing then there wouldn't be such a muted atmosphere at times. Put your money where your mouth is, you don't need a chufty badge or a **** with a loud speaker, you just need to do what you claim to do.

Fuck the away fans, fuck spurious claims of knowledge of modern stadium acoustics, fuck the fact some people can't/won't sing and never will, if you want to fucking sing, go to the fucking livelier parts of the fucking ground and fucking sing. The Blue Alliance are pretty open to new members from what I can gather, they like a sing, they make no secret of this, join them or at least fucking sit/stand with them and sing rather than attempt to copy some half arsed idea from fucking Celtic or fucking Dortmund or whoever.

The minute you plan an atmosphere it becomes contrived and shit, let shit unfold the way shit unfolds. All the lads I know (aged from 15-50ish) are happy to sing and be loud but they'd all want no part of an orchestrated 'at 29 mins we end 'Oh Balotelli' and segue into 'We're not really here', in Eminor' type of set up.

You say in your day people sang, so you recognising that now we don't sing. I agree contrived stuff would be shite, but only whoever is dictating it has got thewrong ideas. I would love to see an ultras group which everyone can contribute to. Maybe drums wouldn't work, fine we move on and try something else.

Can't understand people slagging off these ideas whilst admitting there is a problem. We need to listen to the ideas being put forward before criticising them instead of making assumptions.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 am --<br /><br />
TheMightyQuinn said:

Can't understand people slagging off these ideas whilst admitting there is a problem. We need to listen to the ideas being put forward before criticising them instead of making assumptions.

cd/dvd marker said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

TheMightyQuinn said:

TheMightyQuinn said:

I know my nick is a tad shite, but using the first thing you see written in a staples window is lacking in imagination innit ?

:p

Come on guys let's get some action, we could start off with a small drum and see how it goes perhaps ?

4250470932.jpg

Blue Blood CTID said:
bluebannana said:

Whilst I agree with what you are saying and wish it could happen, you are living in dreamland unfortunately. Not a cat in hell's chance that will happen mate.

Why not?

Surely Safe Standing is what's needed, and can be implemented as it's been done in Germany, why not here?
Cheaper ticketing equals more beer money.... more of this means people losing their ego's and creating atmosphere, and also lower income people attending games.

Middleclass & middleaged blanket on knee types don't sing.

Ruhr said:
Please stay to your own traditions. No ultras please

So you are not a member of UltrasGE I guess :o))

I also prefer the English way of supporting a team but you must admit
sometimes the Ultras keep the stadium "alive"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.