MCFC Ultras group

palace did it and their performances on the pitch increased too

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P5fEsgclAI&feature=related[/youtube]

Stevie B said:
Blue Blood CTID said:
bluebannana said:
we need more young fans, not saying that older fans dont sing, I know a fair few that would sing non stop all game and young lads that wont sing at all. however generally the atmospheres are created by younger lads, who are a decreasing number at city, Im nineteen cant afford to go evry game, neither can most of my mates, however when we do we sing our hearts out.

citys home crowd is increasingly getting older, most younger people cant afford to go and are in the main are not willing to pay 40 quid upwards for a ticket, for this reason I beleive we need a stand thats cheap ten pound, and has unallocated seating, where you can just sit with your mates and sing, thats what it youst to be like didnt it ? stands full of young working class lads, just like in germany now.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying and wish it could happen, you are living in dreamland unfortunately. Not a cat in hell's chance that will happen mate.

Why not?

Surely Safe Standing is what's needed, and can be implemented as it's been done in Germany, why not here?
Cheaper ticketing equals more beer money.... more of this means people losing their ego's and creating atmosphere, and also lower income people attending games.

Middleclass & middleaged blanket on knee types don't sing.

Agree with what you are saying and would also love to see it happen. To answer you're question of why not? Money mate, that's why not. We are selling out every game for seats that cost £35 - £42. Knocking £30 off thousands of tickets for every game is something I just don't see, much as I would like to. Bringing standing back to football is badly needed. But £10 tickets won't happen.

cd/dvd marker said:
Are you no missing the point?

You say in your day people sang, so you recognising that now we don't sing. I agree contrived stuff would be shite, but only whoever is dictating it has got thewrong ideas. I would love to see an ultras group which everyone can contribute to. Maybe drums wouldn't work, fine we move on and try something else.

Can't understand people slagging off these ideas whilst admitting there is a problem. We need to listen to the ideas being put forward before criticising them instead of making assumptions

As things stand, we currently have The Blue Alliance who are actively seeking to improve the atmosphere on a weekly basis. People could quite easily get involved with these guys rather than act like they don't exist and continually seek to call themselves 'Ultra's' whilst scouring world football for ideas to take.

I just don't see English fans willingly submitting themselves to the will of on 'Ultra' group dictating how, when, why and what they sing. Indeed, as I said, I think this would actually deter more people from getting involved.

It just seems slightly odd to me that people will completely ignore the existence of The Blue Alliance who are actually pro active in this department yet claim they want to form an 'Ultra' group.

For the record, I'm not a member of TBA so my comments do not reflect their feelings.

My attitude towards the whole 'atmosphere' thing is quite simple. If I want to sing, I sing. If I'm ill, hungover or sat in a quiet part of the ground (I tend to sit in a different seat on a game by game basis due to my ticket situation) then I'll likely be pretty quiet.

I think there's a big difference between contrived noise and 'atmosphere' and the real thing.

People are falling over themselves to praise the Munich fans for the other night yet they were fairly tedious and the 'atmosphere' they created clearly had no effect on their side as they were battered by a side who's following were subdued for obvious reasons.

60% of our support is over 40 (me included)
90% of our support cant move more than 20 feet from a bar until 2 minutes before kick off
Any non-drinking youngsters out there who can jump up and down for 90 minutes?
I hope this does get going but fear we may not have enough bodies.

You will also need to get unreserved seating or at least an agreement with all the other fans to sit anywhere in a block or blocks. I watched the Bayern support build on Wednesday and their fans must accept that they sit where they can because their "ultras" group grew from the centre of the stand and they were in position 30-45 minutes before kick off.

danebanksheik said:
60% of our support is over 40 (me included)
90% of our support cant move more than 20 feet from a bar until 2 minutes before kick off
Any non-drinking youngsters out there who can jump up and down for 90 minutes?
I hope this does get going but fear we may not have enough bodies.

You will also need to get unreserved seating or at least an agreement with all the other fans to sit anywhere in a block or blocks. I watched the Bayern support build on Wednesday and their fans must accept that they sit where they can because their "ultras" group grew from the centre of the stand and they were in position 30-45 minutes before kick off.

If it got going and was a success, naturally more numbers would be keen to join.

I think TBA could be doing more for home atmospheres. They have a big banner for big games but that's about it. They say they have roughly 90 members but I never see them all together at a home game. About 90 BA stood together would really put more life into our support. I think CM11 are doing a great job with the resources they have, I love their homemade banners and can see a lot of effort has gone into them, just a shame about the numbers. I reckon if CM11 had more amount of members they would be a great ultra like group. Not being mean to the BA, I like what they're doing but CM11 seem like they're trying that little bit harder to make an ultra style group. I'm not having a go, I just I just think that TBA could be doing a lot more with the numbers that have, not saying Liam and Felix have an easy job either.

I'm well over 40 and i make plenty of racket when i go. If some clown started telling me when and what to sing i'd do exactly the opposite.
It's a football match, not fuckin x-fuckin-factor

stonerblue said:
I'm well over 40 and i make plenty of racket when i go. If some clown started telling me when and what to sing i'd do exactly the opposite.
It's a football match, not fuckin x-fuckin-factor

So you sing on your own then? When your in a crowd and everyones singing blue moon you do the opposite? All songs start the same with 1 or a few people starting it off.

marios stress ball said:
I think TBA could be doing more for home atmospheres. They have a big banner for big games but that's about it. They say they have roughly 90 members but I never see them all together at a home game. About 90 BA stood together would really put more life into our support. I think CM11 are doing a great job with the resources they have, I love their homemade banners and can see a lot of effort has gone into them, just a shame about the numbers. I reckon if CM11 had more amount of members they would be a great ultra like group. Not being mean to the BA, I like what they're doing but CM11 seem like they're trying that little bit harder to make an ultra style group. I'm not having a go, I just I just think that TBA could be doing a lot more with the numbers that have, not saying Liam and Felix have an easy job either.

agree, dont really hear the Blue alliance at home games, at aways they are great. i dont get why they all dont sit/ stand together for games, instead of spread out. CM11 lads are doing a great job, with 50 more members or so they would be fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.