MCFC Ultras group

Damocles said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
stonerblue said:
I prefer to be stimulated by the on-field action, scoreline, or opposition fans.

Trying to generate an atmosphere using gimmicks is not only futile, but a bit embarassing as well. Next thing you know they'll be piping crowd noise throught the PA.....

My point exactly.

A contrived atmosphere is worse than no atmosphere at all.

You'd love this one mate:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jgkm2pdWgY[/youtube]

1min30sec
Reminds me of Oldham away in '82

marios stress ball said:
stonerblue said:
marios stress ball said:
Strange idea but if you don't really want to get involved then stay at home, you get a good view(s), don't need to drive anywhere, get commentary no queues etc.

Nobody's saying you have to join in, if you just want to watch don't stand with the ultras.

Why does every game have to have an electric atmosphere.? Some games are boring and some are very tense (last weds)
And you won't be able to stand witht the 'ultras' either.

And what's really strange is you banging on about creating an atmosphere then telling anyone that doesn't want to be in the ultra's gang to stay at home. Not a great way to get the place rocking as one is it.

Never said they should be at home. He was trying to make singing look stupid so I tried to make doing fuck all look stupid. Also I probably won't be joining and ultras 'gang' (where did gang come from?) but if the people who didn't sing at all weren't there it would not making any more or less 'rocky'.

Where was I tring to make singing look stupid?
The statement had been made by a previous poster that he didnt know why people that didnt sing went to the games, i replied that maybe some go to enjoy the game, which is the reson i attend as many games as I can afford, the apmosphere is a very small part of the gam,e for me and i really dont care if the ground is buzzing or a bit flat, but to be able to see the link up play, the movement off the balletc are all things you dont get on the TV, so there are more reasons to go to the game that to taunt the opposition supporter in a pink shirt.

Pigeonho said:
marios stress ball said:
Pigeonho said:
So the singer who has been in the pub most of the morning has now been replaced with a passionate, loud as fuck guy with a megaphone who a massive percentage of that stand copy the every word of? I don't go to games at the minute, but i'm willing to say that no, he hasn't. The bottom line is someone trying to replicate what real Ultra groups on the continent do is going to look rather silly, because people just don't think that way over here, the same way as Miguel and Pedro trying to get a group of fans together to go on the piss all morning, loading up on pies and chips before watching Sevilla is never going to catch on.

Read the whole topic. How can you say people aren't beginning to feel that way over here?
What, so a dozen or so posters on a forum talk about starting an Ultras group, and that means people are starting to feel that way over here?! A friend of a friend is a Barrow fan, they have an Ultras group but it is completely tongue in cheek because its lower league football, a laugh more than anything. The Ultras in Europe are serious, sometimes political groups of hardcore fans. Not saying fans of English clubs aren't hardcore, course they are, but the entire psyche of the English fan is different to that of the Spanish or Italian fan, to name just a couple. When I was a season ticket holder both at Maine Road and here, it was all about meeting in the pub at 12, enjoying my football mates then onto the match. The midweek games would always end up with us having a ruby afterwards, then home. That lot still go now and do a very similar thing, those who can afford it that is. That might not be to everyones taste, and fair do's if thats the case. I know others who simply drive to the match, watch the game then go home to their family. That isn't to my taste but to each their own. I don't know anyone though who is the leader of a group of Ultras, because that isn't what the English fan does. Again, to each their own and good luck to anyone who tries it, but knowing fans of English clubs the way I do through 23 years of following City and football rather intensely, I cannot see it taking off without a lot of piss taking.

No, it's got videos on here of people setting ultra groups up in Britain and people saying/showing how successfully it worked out.

They took supporting clubs and changed to suite them. Now our way is pretty much shit and ruined we can take the european way and change it to suite us(no politics and having a laugh).

This country isn't corrupt/twisted enough for mp's to start hiring football fans as some kind of army.

I know what you mean by you not knowing some ultra group leaders or something because that's not what we do now. Though we are talking about the future, and not the present.

Something should be done about the shite atmospheres in this country, and as we can't go to grounds and build our own standing sections, make ticket prices cheaper and change laws, this seems the best way forward atm. The Europeans have got the same shit treatment as us fans over here but they found a way around it and to have a good atmosphere even with similar laws in place.

Silly me :L

Oh, well I'm sorry about that but I didn't see you quote it and thought you were talking about fans in general. Meaning you were saying people should be watching the game instead of singing.

Sorry if it felt like I was having a go :)

marios stress ball said:
Pigeonho said:
marios stress ball said:
Read the whole topic. How can you say people aren't beginning to feel that way over here?
What, so a dozen or so posters on a forum talk about starting an Ultras group, and that means people are starting to feel that way over here?! A friend of a friend is a Barrow fan, they have an Ultras group but it is completely tongue in cheek because its lower league football, a laugh more than anything. The Ultras in Europe are serious, sometimes political groups of hardcore fans. Not saying fans of English clubs aren't hardcore, course they are, but the entire psyche of the English fan is different to that of the Spanish or Italian fan, to name just a couple. When I was a season ticket holder both at Maine Road and here, it was all about meeting in the pub at 12, enjoying my football mates then onto the match. The midweek games would always end up with us having a ruby afterwards, then home. That lot still go now and do a very similar thing, those who can afford it that is. That might not be to everyones taste, and fair do's if thats the case. I know others who simply drive to the match, watch the game then go home to their family. That isn't to my taste but to each their own. I don't know anyone though who is the leader of a group of Ultras, because that isn't what the English fan does. Again, to each their own and good luck to anyone who tries it, but knowing fans of English clubs the way I do through 23 years of following City and football rather intensely, I cannot see it taking off without a lot of piss taking.

No, it's got videos on here of people setting ultra groups up in Britain and people saying/showing how successfully it worked out.

They took supporting clubs and changed to suite them. Now our way is pretty much shit and ruined we can take the european way and change it to suite us(no politics and having a laugh).

This country isn't corrupt/twisted enough for mp's to start hiring football fans as some kind of army.

I know what you mean by you not knowing some ultra group leaders or something because that's not what we do now. Though we are talking about the future, and not the present.

Something should be done about the shite atmospheres in this country, and as we can't go to grounds and build our own standing sections, make ticket prices cheaper and change laws, this seems the best way forward atm. The Europeans have got the same shit treatment as us fans over here but they found a way around it and to have a good atmosphere even with similar laws in place.

I've read this three times and it's made me dizzy..

This is going no where, we could argue blacks white all night. Watch the game however you want to watch the game. If a group starts of people trying to make an atmosphere flares, chants etc. then thats cool. If you dont want to be part of it, you are your own person, do what you want at the game.

But we should all remember that we go there to support our local club, who represent us on a global stage, not to be entertained.

Also remember that we have players that have a passion to win, not a passion necessarily for our area or club, so it is important to channel that concept to them whenever we can.

bluebannana said:
marios stress ball said:
I think TBA could be doing more for home atmospheres. They have a big banner for big games but that's about it. They say they have roughly 90 members but I never see them all together at a home game. About 90 BA stood together would really put more life into our support. I think CM11 are doing a great job with the resources they have, I love their homemade banners and can see a lot of effort has gone into them, just a shame about the numbers. I reckon if CM11 had more amount of members they would be a great ultra like group. Not being mean to the BA, I like what they're doing but CM11 seem like they're trying that little bit harder to make an ultra style group. I'm not having a go, I just I just think that TBA could be doing a lot more with the numbers that have, not saying Liam and Felix have an easy job either.

agree, dont really hear the Blue alliance at home games, at aways they are great. i dont get why they all dont sit/ stand together for games, instead of spread out. CM11 lads are doing a great job, with 50 more members or so they would be fantastic.

Yeah ok then, well I'll just bell the club up and tell them to turf out 90 seats in one area for every game so we can all sit together shall I?

I don't understand why all these people who supposedly want a better atmosphere and an Ultras Group don't just get together and do something about it instead of posting on a forum and telling us what we should and shouldn't do at a game.

stonerblue said:
marios stress ball said:
Pigeonho said:

I've read this three times and it's made me dizzy..

Sorry, in doing this on tapatalk and spent ages writing a post and my iPod just shut itself down so when I typed it again I was pissed off and rushing.

In the second para 'they'= europeans.

3rd para was to somebody who said it would turn all political.

4th was a reply to a comment you put in the post I quoted.

The last para is about how we(the British) are treated the same was as earopeans and they have good atmospheres. Showing that they have found probably the only way to make great atmospheres during modern football. Fans are treated like they're unimportant nowadays, which is often an excuse for the shit atmospheres

Bluebird1 said:
I don't understand why all these people who supposedly want a better atmosphere and an Ultras Group don't just get together and do something about it instead of posting on a forum and telling us what we should and shouldn't do at a game.

But there are 2 already, I think they could be doing more but instead of making a new one why not improve the ones we got?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.