MCFC Ultras group

I'm One Of The Members Of The CM11, I Thought It Was About Time I Had A Post On This Thread.
It's My Ambition To Create An "Ultras, Fanatics, Supras" Group At City And I'm Firmly Pushing On With That Idea Step By Step. Some Of You May Have Seen Our Flags At Champions League Games On The Terrace, Well We've Worked Hard To Make (By Hand) 8 Flags To Date And There Is Currently Two Of Us Involved, We're Gettting More Familiar With The BA And We Are In Contact With The Club So Things Are Looking Good, But Quite Clearly, 2 Lads Is'nt Enough, We Need A Hardcore Group Of 100 At Least To Get Things Going Properly, I.E. Displays, New Songs/Chants, Choreography.

For This To Work, People Cant Just Turn Up On A Saturday And Expect To Pick Up The Gist Over 90 Minutes, It Means Meeting Up On International Breaks In A Designated Room (Mary D's Style) And Work On What What We Will Bring To The Terrace. As You Can See On This Thread A Lot Of English Supporters Have The Mentality "No One Is Telling Me What To Sing Etc" Well That Absolutly Fine, You Dont Have To Join In, This Will Be An Independant Group Doing There Own Thing Where By Anyone Is Free To Get Involved Or Stay Clear At Your Free Will.

The Only Current Thing Stopping This Working Is The Location Aspect, My Season Ticket Is In 110 And I Know For A Fact 85% Of The People Sat Around Me Would Not Be Interested In This Sort Of Thing So For It To Work The Club And Ourselves Have To Come To Up With An Idea That Will Ensure This Group Can Stand Together In One Specific Part Of The Stadium And I Personally Feel The Only Way This Can Happen Is If They Swap The Away Fans With The Singing Section Then Those From The Singing Section Will Recieve A New Relocation Form And On The Form They Will Be Informed Of This Group And That Leaves It Up To Them If They Want To Get Involved Or Not.
I Know How The Green Brigade Work, They Simply Took It Upon Themselves To Occupy An Area Of ParkHead And Informed People Who Were Currently Located There That This Was Now GB Area And If They Didnt Want To Be Part Of It They Would Direct Them To Now GB Members Original Seats.

If This Is Something Enough People (100) Are Passionate About Then I Beleive It Can Be Done, It Will Take Maybe A Year Or Two To Fully Kick Off But There Is No Time Like The Present, Get Involved On The Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-Manchester-11-CM11/300920156585495 Or PM Myself On Here, Lets Push Things Forward.

And Just To Add Fuel To The Already Blazing Fire Of This Thread....
"I'm 100% Behind The Use Of A Drum."

tolmie's hairdoo said:
People need to stop over analysing things.

Different games bring out different atmospheres.

It's a fair bet the next few games against Arsenal, Liverpool and United will not be short on it.

Absolutely, and if some bare chested dick calling himself a City Ultra has a pop at me for not singing (I usually do btw) then he's getting slotted, simple as that.

NorthernBoy said:
I'm One Of The Members Of The CM11, I Thought It Was About Time I Had A Post On This Thread.
It's My Ambition To Create An "Ultras, Fanatics, Supras" Group At City And I'm Firmly Pushing On With That Idea Step By Step. Some Of You May Have Seen Our Flags At Champions League Games On The Terrace, Well We've Worked Hard To Make (By Hand) 8 Flags To Date And There Is Currently Two Of Us Involved, We're Gettting More Familiar With The BA And We Are In Contact With The Club So Things Are Looking Good, But Quite Clearly, 2 Lads Is'nt Enough, We Need A Hardcore Group Of 100 At Least To Get Things Going Properly, I.E. Displays, New Songs/Chants, Choreography.

For This To Work, People Cant Just Turn Up On A Saturday And Expect To Pick Up The Gist Over 90 Minutes, It Means Meeting Up On International Breaks In A Designated Room (Mary D's Style) And Work On What What We Will Bring To The Terrace. As You Can See On This Thread A Lot Of English Supporters Have The Mentality "No One Is Telling Me What To Sing Etc" Well That Absolutly Fine, You Dont Have To Join In, This Will Be An Independant Group Doing There Own Thing Where By Anyone Is Free To Get Involved Or Stay Clear At Your Free Will.

The Only Current Thing Stopping This Working Is The Location Aspect, My Season Ticket Is In 110 And I Know For A Fact 85% Of The People Sat Around Me Would Not Be Interested In This Sort Of Thing So For It To Work The Club And Ourselves Have To Come To Up With An Idea That Will Ensure This Group Can Stand Together In One Specific Part Of The Stadium And I Personally Feel The Only Way This Can Happen Is If They Swap The Away Fans With The Singing Section Then Those From The Singing Section Will Recieve A New Relocation Form And On The Form They Will Be Informed Of This Group And That Leaves It Up To Them If They Want To Get Involved Or Not.
I Know How The Green Brigade Work, They Simply Took It Upon Themselves To Occupy An Area Of ParkHead And Informed People Who Were Currently Located There That This Was Now GB Area And If They Didnt Want To Be Part Of It They Would Direct Them To Now GB Members Original Seats.

If This Is Something Enough People (100) Are Passionate About Then I Beleive It Can Be Done, It Will Take Maybe A Year Or Two To Fully Kick Off But There Is No Time Like The Present, Get Involved On The Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-Manchester-11-CM11/300920156585495 Or PM Myself On Here, Lets Push Things Forward.

I think you're bang on with what's required there mate, with the minimum number involved and external organisation.

I think you need to get your 100 or so 'rabble rousers' who will commit to sing/shout/chant (preferably agreeing to repeat each song for at least a couple of minutes, more chance of the rest of the ground joining in that way) whether we're winning, losing or drawing.

Start getting them organised NOW and see if the club will give you an area next season. If done right this could grow.

NorthernBoy said:

I think you're doing a great job & the flags looked good on Wednesday night. I will be interested helping you lot out. Also I will back the use of a drum if we used it with the beat of the chants & not just smashing the hell out of it.

My two European aways this season were Aris and Munich.

At both they have "conductors" and the fans seem to know what to sing and when.

109 and South Stand could be the conductors for the rest of the ground.

I sit in 219 and to be fair last Wednesday was the first time ive heard more than just a few in blocks 217 to 221 getting things started and to be fair the response from the rest of the block was better.

In the Maine Road days, we had the "North Stand, North Stand give us a song" etc and this was good.

We need the South Stand and 109 to start us off and even suggest the song other areas sing.

If its anything like Maine Road eventually most parts of the ground will sing and the atmosphere will improve.

EG West Stand - MANCINI WO OH

All I will add to the mix is; there's 44,000 City fans there everyweek.

Even if blocks 116-119 + 111-109 became one, it still wouldn't get the other 40,000 singing more would it?

I have a great laugh at the back of 118 every week, sing for 90 minutes with plenty of top people who stand around me.

One of the things I realised at the back of 114 on Wednesday is the sound doesn't travel very well round our ground.

NorthernBoy said:

Good luck and I hope it works. I'm really glad someone is taking some initiative, now is the time for atmosphere to be addressed because surely even the biggest doubter can see that the atmosphere will only get worse not better as time goes on.

All it takes is a small but loud group of fans to make a difference, I believe that if there is a persistent set of singing fans more and more will join in, as songs do spread throughout the stadium when started by a vocal group but right now the songs are very quick and soon fizzle out.

NorthernBoy said:

I'd back the use of the drum if it was choreographed, like you said you'd need meetings to get things sorted. I know a few who would happily join if their were meetings etc to sort stuff out.

liamctid said:
All I will add to the mix is; there's 44,000 City fans there everyweek.

Even if blocks 116-119 + 111-109 became one, it still wouldn't get the other 40,000 singing more would it?

I have a great laugh at the back of 118 every week, sing for 90 minutes with plenty of top people who stand around me.

One of the things I realised at the back of 114 on Wednesday is the sound doesn't travel very well round our ground.

Was that the BA on the back of 114?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.