MCFC Ultras group

nomorethaksintimes said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4[/youtube]

They could just blast this all game through the tannoy. That would liven things up.

Something I've noticed which is potentially not helping the atmosphere is that we don't have a continuous song we sing for a long time. All of our songs are a couple of lines, I think the Balotelli one is the longest. After seeing the Bayern fans last night it could be a way to get an atmosphere going.

Just some random chant that we can keep going for a long time. All the Bayern fans were singing was 'Bayern Munich la la la' to the tune of Seven Nation Army and they did it for ages. I'm not sure we could ever get one going but just something really simple people can sing and possibly bounce/clap at the same time.

They also did simply things like clapping with their hands above their heads all in sync, something which most on here would call stupid but it looks and sounds good. Also saw them all link up and sway one side to the other with the rows alternating which direction they went. Again, City fans would say 'Pah! I'm not doing that' but it looked immense.

Bongo Joe said:
Something I've noticed which is potentially not helping the atmosphere is that we don't have a continuous song we sing for a long time. All of our songs are a couple of lines, I think the Balotelli one is the longest. After seeing the Bayern fans last night it could be a way to get an atmosphere going.

Just some random chant that we can keep going for a long time. All the Bayern fans were singing was 'Bayern Munich la la la' to the tune of Seven Nation Army and they did it for ages. I'm not sure we could ever get one going but just something really simple people can sing and possibly bounce/clap at the same time.

They also did simply things like clapping with their hands above their heads all in sync, something which most on here would call stupid but it looks and sounds good. Also saw them all link up and sway one side to the other with the rows alternating which direction they went. Again, City fans would say 'Pah! I'm not doing that' but it looked immense.

People could sing the first bit the longest so that the whole place knows what song is coming then start with the words i little like the edin one.

like oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh then when the whole ground is singing it or most of the south stand then kick it in with ooooohhhhhhh Balotelli he'sa striker and so on and so on.

Bongo Joe said:

This is exactly the point. There is no point slating the seasoncard holders EL3 for being too quiet and not singing. When you go to Munich and Dortmund the majority of noise and atmosphere is generate in the 'Home' end. The difference is that they are very organised. The noise from the Bayern fans on Wednesay was constant from kick off to the final whistle. They were chanting, singing, clapping, bouncing, and generally did not stop even when their team went behind. That's why they come to the matches. The point of the drum is to tie everything together and set the rythm for the chants. The problem at the Ethiad is that we effectively have 2 uncoordinated singing sections trying to outsing each other which generally ends up sounding a mess. Yes, the uk Fans watch the game differently, but there is a lot that can be learned from the continent.

I sat in EL3 on Wednesday and there was almost an echo from the noise the Bayern Fans were generating. Must have been due to their location under the roof and the sound bouncing back from the CB stand.

BOBBYISOURLEADER said:
No offence but the blue alliance are utterly useless at creating an atmosphere at home games. It was like a church at times last night apart from the Bayern fans.

Not true at all, was 3 rows in front the blue alliance on wednesday and they were singing loud pretty much all the way through as was about 5-6 rows at the back of 114 but it just didn't spread at all, there's only so much they can do. Btw did anyone else notice it was an odd crowd on wednesday? Lots of chinese people and more middle class in the south stand atleast

One major issue with our support is that there is not enough people willing to sing through the majoirty of the game.

Most people will join in with "we're not really here" after a goal and the odd cry of "come on city" but generally we just haven't a high enough percentage of our fans who want to sing.

The lack of atmosphere is not down to those who start the chants off as some people are on here are suggesting. The reason is that there is a lack of mass participation for a prolonged period.

salfordblues said:
One major issue with our support is that there is not enough people willing to sing through the majoirty of the game.

Most people will join in with "we're not really here" after a goal and the odd cry of "come on city" but generally we just haven't a high enough percentage of our fans who want to sing.

The lack of atmosphere is not down to those who start the chants off as some people are on here are suggesting. The reason is that there is a lack of mass participation for a prolonged period.
We are like most fans.We do most of our singing away from home.Alcohol has a big part in my singing.I drink more at away games than home.

bennyboy said:
salfordblues said:
One major issue with our support is that there is not enough people willing to sing through the majority of the game.

We are like most fans.We do most of our singing away from home.Alcohol has a big part in my singing.I drink more at away games than home.

Definitely. Take Munich for example I arrived there midday of the game and a major piss-up ensued. On Wednesday, it was just straight to the game no beer in the ground, completely different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.