MCFC Ultras group

minimalistic said:
This is exactly the point. There is no point slating the seasoncard holders EL3 for being too quiet and not singing. When you go to Munich and Dortmund the majority of noise and atmosphere is generate in the 'Home' end. The difference is that they are very organised. The noise from the Bayern fans on Wednesay was constant from kick off to the final whistle. They were chanting, singing, clapping, bouncing, and generally did not stop even when their team went behind. That's why they come to the matches. The point of the drum is to tie everything together and set the rythm for the chants. The problem at the Ethiad is that we effectively have 2 uncoordinated singing sections trying to outsing each other which generally ends up sounding a mess. Yes, the uk Fans watch the game differently, but there is a lot that can be learned from the continent.

I sat in EL3 on Wednesday and there was almost an echo from the noise the Bayern Fans were generating. Must have been due to their location under the roof and the sound bouncing back from the CB stand.

The Bayern fans had a hard core of "singers" who located themselves in the middle section of the away allocation (between block 307 & 308 in the lower section of the upper tier) . I would say it was approximately 400 fans who created most of the noise. They had obviously got themselves organised so they had the "singing section" all together slap bang in the middle of all the other away fans who would join in every so often.

I actually commented on the night how loud the hard core 400 were and I'm sure the roof of the East stand helped project the noise.

I still stick by the view that the away fans need to be located in the corner (Blocks 111, 112 & 212 if needed) where our "singing section" is currently located. Basically swap the singing section with away fans so that they join with the singing blocks 117/118. We would still have the away fans visible to create the catalyst for the newly created 5000 "south stand singers" to "give it em". Similar to where Arsenal & Rags put the away fans.

yeah we need a group of lads who are dedicated to singing for 90 minutes and are at every game. where can we find one of these?

i think an ultras style section of city fans would be exactly what city need to be beter fans! there all ready is a group called the blue alliance that are trying to head into that direction of fans, who have sevral banners in the south stand and are now starting to wave giant flags ECT before and during the game, i dont know if anyone noticed but just after the first goal there was some blue smoke let off, which is an idea ive had for all the city fans in the south stand to do together at a big game. i agree that the south stand and the "kipax" as they like to be know should stand together as the singing would be twice as loud and let the away fans have the shiter view nearer the coner flag! i also think we should find away to apeal to the club to bring back a standing section where all the fans who want to sing ECT go, as this would please everyone. i have looked into it and there are more modern ways to get standing back, in germany there are some clubs that have standing sections but instead of going where you want you pay for a particular spot instead if seat. <a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6458843.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6458843.stm</a>

Another issue is that we almost have a rivalry between the SS and the singing section.

If we had all the main singers from the SS and Singing section together then the atmosphere would improve.

So come on Singing section move over to us....

tolmie's hairdoo said:
People need to stop over analysing things.

Different games bring out different atmospheres.

It's a fair bet the next few games against Arsenal, Liverpool and United will not be short on it.

Hardly, I assume it will improve slightly as these are big games. But there's no denying it needs to improve as a whole.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's a fair bet the next few games against Arsenal, Liverpool and United will not be short on it.

Agreed.

Also, why don't we just accept that not all fans are the same? Leave people to it.

Personally, I'll have a sing if I fancy it but at other times I'd rather not. I just go with how I feel as opposed to acting in a way I think will please other people.

If someone wants to sing for 90mins then fine, good for them. Likewise, if someone would rather sit in silence then let them be.

So tedious seeing thread after thread of people trying to dictate how ALL fans should or shouldn't behave.

As for me, I'll continue to behave in a manner which suits me and anyone who has a problem with this can get to fuck.

If you want to sing - sing. If you don't want to sing - don't sing.

Maybe too late for this season for season ticket holders, but when the renewals are sent out for next year, everyone looking to renew should have to send in a recording of them singing bluemoon, city till i die and were not really here, then the club can allocate tickets to the best singers to the south stand with the tickets going in a reducing by standard of voice to all those looking to renew are seated.
In fact, the club could start by making all bluecard holders send in a recording and then if they want tickets these could be issued according to their vocal expertise.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I actually work in Liverpool and the consensus was that our away following's verbal backing of the team was appalling and they were right.

What has happened is that we have now collectively become everything we once ridiculed about United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea fans. We have become the ultimate in "we only sing when we're winning clubs".

The problem is so many of our fans are so set in their ways that they will not listen to any ideas that might help improve the atmosphere and I just can't understand how anyone can prefer the utter silence around the ground than, say, orchestrated ninety minutes singing.

Ask any player on that pitch what they would prefer, orchesterated incessant backing, or being able to hear individual voices from anyone who speaks above a whisper level in the ground.

As for all this you can't watch the game if you sing nonsense, half of the people in the ground spend most of the game talking, eating, absusing away fans, going to the bar and going for a piss anyway. At least they'd be using their time productively!:)

One thing we don't want though - big fuck off flags and some dick waving them about just as we are about to take a penalty. That is one element of foreign culture that should very much stop at Calais!

salfordblues said:
Another issue is that we almost have a rivalry between the SS and the singing section.

If we had all the main singers from the SS and Singing section together then the atmosphere would improve.

So come on Singing section move over to us....

they have singers in the ss??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.