MCFC V NY Red Bulls Tonight.

bellwhaft said:
i realise the result means fuck all but didn't we go to america to make some kind of impression football-wise? this is an embarassment and what is most galling of all is that stretford would've won 4-0 with their third team out. why can't we do the same? long way to go imho.

Yep, great result for your lot against Kansas, really showed us how it's done.

a few of the commets on here last night were cringeworthy. especially those that were going on about "united win their friendlies" blah blah

obviously a few on here looking daft after their result last night to a a 10 man kansas city wizards !!

Hey dudes. I didn't see the game, though I plan to find some highlights this evening.

Can anyone tell me how we lined up, in terms of shape? I had a look at the team sheets today and can only assume that it was a 4-4-2, with Ireland on the left wing and Nimely on the right?

Couldn't find any other posts on it (though I haven't searched all sixty pages here, to be honest), so any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Fat el Hombre said:
There's no doubt that getting beaten of yanks, even in these daft friendlies, is pretty embarrassing. But it's very early days in our pre-season yet and we had a very young team out there so it's good to see them get a decent bit of experience for themselves. Everyone's still looking pretty rusty at the moment and although I wanted us to win you just have to be happy that we came through without any injuries

I thought Alex Nimley was excellent and showed he's got bags of natural talent that we can hopefully get the best out of in the coming years. He tired as the game went on which was partly why he missed that sitter I thought and anyone who gives him stick for the miss doesn't know what they're talking about. It's not that he isn't good enough to slot it away from 1 yard, it was just a lapse in concentration which I felt was down to a tired mind. He'll slot ones like that away in future and with him being a young lad you should be encouraged that he actually got into a very good position to miss it, lesser players would have been stood at the edge of the box or further away and not even have had the chance at all. He'll slot those away in future so it's just good to see him taking up good positions at the moment

Top marks to Johnson, a joy to watch

Disappointments for me were Ben Mee who was far too quick to kick it back to Hart all too often and should have covered his area for their first, Stevie Ireland who I feel should be stamping his authority on games like those no matter where he plays in the midfield, Wayne Bridge who was absolutely abysmal and the substitution of Jo who's confidence was clearly boosted by the goal and I'd liked to have seen him stay on as he was starting to enjoy his game. Like I said though everyone's a bit rusty at the mo so just glad to see everyone come through without any injuries

My thoughts entirely. Stevie in particular should be sparkling in these games and if he truly wants to stay and fight for his place then he is doing himself no favours at the moment.

karlzberg said:
lee-mcfc said:
scum got beat

but i dont see them going in a strop over a pre season friendly. some people on here are dumb.
There well angry on red cafe, smallings getting some shit for hoofing the ball everytime he got it,well funny!

yeah he is shit. but i dont see any "fergie out" or anything our fans go well OTT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.