MCFC v Sporting Lisbon Match Thread

Clearly in this match-up, at the Red Bull Arena - the 40,000 seater sporting venue here in New York - Manchester City have been testing out their sequences with a young side of future Premier League stars. City have four more pre roster match-ups before their opener and are feeling the fatigue from their intense training programme. This is a second string set up for City, and they're doing well to keep hold of the zero in the second period.

dctid said:
THEBLUEDONKEY said:
ha ha .. realise its only a friendly like but with all the money spent obn coaching, tactics etc etc .. is this really the best idea we have come up with ?? belt it and hope someone gets on the end of it ? .. i suspect not but thats all im seeing at the mo .. arr well ha ha

what really really pisses me off is that we have spunked millions and millions on players - we go on a high profile tour - get an utter twatting playing a team half full of academy players - players that will not get a game this year and we look a right bunch of wankers

Yes it is a friendly but that is not an excuse to compete

It was the same in SA last year!

eddie c 123 said:
THEBLUEDONKEY said:
ha ha .. realise its only a friendly like but with all the money spent obn coaching, tactics etc etc .. is this really the best idea we have come up with ?? belt it and hope someone gets on the end of it ? .. i suspect not but thats all im seeing at the mo .. arr well ha ha

Yeah I agree, its 79mins now, even I knew at 45mins we cant beat them with long balls.

same here, we seem to be afraid to continue to pass it about beyond the halfway line, once were out of our half its just panic and hoof it

meeesh said:
Falastur said:
Well come on. From the moment they announced the line-ups it was obvious that Mancini has decided that he just wanted to test his reserves...

Hart,Lescott,Kompany,Johnson,Bellamy,Richards,Ireland.......hardly reserves,but will be after this performance

It's inevitable in games against decent opponents like this that you stick an experienced GK and forward up front to strengthen the team and provide the backbone. You also tend to show some more experienced defenders and in Ireland Mancini has a MF in the middle who had a bad season and essentially is being tested. Our subs just reinforces that it's a reserve game, too.

lee-mcfc said:
ill drive bridge to liverpool for free

I'll open the door and kick him out.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:19 am --<br /><br />
lee-mcfc said:
ill drive bridge to liverpool for free

I'll open the door and kick him out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.