MCFC v Sporting Lisbon Match Thread

brianstrousers said:
tonea2003 said:
not checked the whole thread so forgive me if i'm repeating

just seen the goals and it looks like billy big boots was caught knapping again posing on the two lisbon goals

boateng has nothing to worry about
Who are you referring to Richards or Kompany?

I'm guessing he means Richards as Richards has become some what of a scape goat past year, I personally thought Richards didn't do a great deal wrong the whole defence was poor Cunningham is inexperianced and will only get better, Lescott looked off the pace since he's harldy kicked a ball since Feb and the rest of the squad just looked unfit, how we can sit here and judge who's going to be part of the squad come Spuds away after 1 Friendly is beyond me.

Good to see the lads live last night. Most of them were friendly in person. One nice little moment was realizing that the man sitting two seats in front of me was the Goat. Gave my daughter an autograph and was typically friendly--we could have used his hunger.

Shay was unfriendly--I think he must have had something on his mind. I wonder what that could be. Hart did himself no favors though with that game. The only thing faster than Djalo skipping past him for the second goal was Joe pointing the finger at Richards with a "that's another mess you got me into" look on his face. Not so classy.

Ireland and Bellamy looked up for it, which was nice considering all the talk. Viera was tired after 10 minutes. De Jong wasn't playing still--apparently he was on the squad sheet, but they couldn't remove the chest flesh attached to his boots. ok, bad joke.

All in all, although it was a friendly, it was a bit of a downer--all I could think of was that Mancini had the Spurs away game on his mind--getting more defensive at 2-0 down.

Enough of this messing around. Can we start the season already.

C1TY4LIFE said:
brianstrousers said:
Who are you referring to Richards or Kompany?

I'm guessing he means Richards as Richards has become some what of a scape goat past year, I personally thought Richards didn't do a great deal wrong the whole defence was poor Cunningham is inexperianced and will only get better, Lescott looked off the pace since he's harldy kicked a ball since Feb and the rest of the squad just looked unfit, how we can sit here and judge who's going to be part of the squad come Spuds away after 1 Friendly is beyond me.
yes i do mean richards, whilst you make a good case for excusing him by giving faults for the others, it is a big pre season for him if he wants to be part of this team, he needs to be looking sharp, yes it was the first game etc, but never the less it was his man for the first goal, free header, second goal he just stood there as the ball got flicked through, just a perception

tonea2003 said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
yes i do mean richards, whilst you make a good case for excusing him by giving faults for the others, it is a big pre season for him if he wants to be part of this team, he needs to be looking sharp, yes it was the first game etc, but never the less it was his man for the first goal, free header, second goal he
just stood there as the ball got flicked through, just a perception
Got between Richards AND Kompany for first goal,was Kompany that got mugged for the second goal

I thought we played aginst a very good team, with kids and lower class players, only Hart, Kompany and Johnson (possibly Bellers) likely to start many games this year out of that lot. I understand they have played 8 games already and start their season (Europa) next week.
Look at the players yet to come in, Yaya, Silva, Ade, Tevez, Boateng, De Jong, Barry, Given, Kolarov, Kolo, and any other new signings.
I don't think there is any need for panic or even minor worry. At least not until pre-season has moved a lot further.
Remember Alan Ball's first pre-season, went incredibly well, but season was hardly what we are looking for this year.
I remain convinced that subject to a bit of gelling we have our best chance of silverware that I can remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.