MCFC v Sporting Lisbon Match Thread

I hate the term, meaningless friendlies!

No such thing! We should set out to win any game of football we play, regardless and if not, dont bother. Matches for fitness etc can always be played behind closed doors, not out in America when we are trying to spread our name and when a sizable number of blues have spent their hard earned getting out there, only to be served up with shite and told, dont worry, it's meaningless???

Of course, last night shows why we are signing so many new players!

The old ones are just not good enough, Mancini knows it and we all know it!

The players last night will be the ones whinging, crying that they didnt get a chance, how its not fair that they are being overlooked etc etc etc...

They should think about that when they carnt be arsed for 90 minutes when given the chance to prove us and the manager wrong!

We were gash last pre season, really poor I thought, then when the league started, we flew out the blocks. I can remebember thinking we looked un fit, and un interested, then as soon as the hussle and bussle of the Premier league started, we looked far fitter, organised and hungry. I'd imagine Mancini knows what he'd want his starting eleven to be come Spurs and what system he wants, friendlies is more to get ALL players up to the correct fitness levels, and to work on a few set piece routines and combinations etc. I hate seeing any City side look lack luster, but I NEVER read anything into friendlies.

Goater666 said:
I'm not too bothered to be honest, I'm glad i didn't stay up to watch it though.

The formation was very strange and left little protection to our fullbacks, when we lost the ball it felt like players were having to make a mad dash to get into defensive positions.

Ireland looked pretty decent, finding space and picking out some good passes.

hmm

... mind you after all the tremendous work by Cook's team to market CITY so well in NY - you can bet he must have been gutted that the playing staff could not do a bit to help....

just watched the goals on ssn, the second one was a beauty. i was a little worried that bob said we were tired, we'd trained twice a day, is'nt this twice a day training the thing that is causing ripples of unrest in our squad? that said should we be tired after 1 game?

de niro said:
just watched the goals on ssn, the second one was a beauty. i was a little worried that bob said we were tired, we'd trained twice a day, is'nt this twice a day training the thing that is causing ripples of unrest in our squad? that said should we be tired after 1 game?
he also said we had 15 or 16 players to come back - says a lot that remark

johnny crossan said:
de niro said:
he also said we had 15 or 16 players to come back - says a lot that remark

yeh your'e right, that wont be anything like our starting line up, we need players fresh for the prem mind, non of this "tired" shit.

johnny crossan said:
Goater666 said:
I'm not too bothered to be honest, I'm glad i didn't stay up to watch it though.

The formation was very strange and left little protection to our fullbacks, when we lost the ball it felt like players were having to make a mad dash to get into defensive positions.

Ireland looked pretty decent, finding space and picking out some good passes.

hmm

I should of said on the highlights. :D

mcfc1632 said:
... mind you after all the tremendous work by Cook's team to market CITY so well in NY - you can bet he must have been gutted that the playing staff could not do a bit to help....

Thats the big picture mate... to smash into the American market, we should be going out there and impressing them, by winning!

Not strolling around with a team of 2nd stringers... That Yanks want to see the big players they know of.. eg Adebayor...

Don't sell "the Yanks" short on the subject of pre-season games.
They know that they are glorified practice matches arranged to increase fitness levels and mental sharpness without picking up injuries. All American sports leagues (NFL MLB etc) do this also.
The local media may talk the games up as they need to keep viewers/readers interested til the next ad break.
The Richards as captain thing was interesting. This plus the diary on OS strongly suggests that he's staying and that giving him responsibility will help cut out the petulance and mental errors on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.