MCFC v Sporting Lisbon Match Thread

mcfc1996 said:
Skysports are going overboard on it. It's like they are gloating at the fact City got beat. A sign of times to come maybe cos if they are like this on a pre season friendly what will they be like with a league game

thats fine, it will make winning it all the more sweeter.

Falastur said:
GaudBlessYa said:
Watched the game this morning and was a little surprised how much better Sporting were, but they start for real next week in Europe. For us it was our first real game and missing basically a full team of international/world class players - no reason to panic whatsoever. Apart from Joe, Joleon and Vinny, that could be our reserves next season, positive stuff I say.

That, and City were treating it like what Mancini had told them it was - a fitness test. They didn't chase balls more than token, they didn't press players on the advance, and they didn't make piercing runs because it's too early and they risk injury. Sporting played like it was their first cup game.

This^^^

The first half team had a big FOR SALE sign up.

We won seven pre-season games in a row in 1988 then came second.

i think people need to understand what Ireland said in his interview on the website, Sporting Lisbon have had loads more friendlies then us, they start thieir league next week so are going to be at match fitness or 90%, where as we had a squad of world class players missing while playing only our 2 only game since returning from the break.

The loss although unwelcoming will do us good, we now know what we can improve on.

I knew it was gonna get this kind of reaction,its fuckin pathetic,it was a bastard friendly,a kick about,exactly the same as you're gonna get in a few weeks against Valencia,yet some mugs just can't see these games for what they are and are prepared to shell out to watch this shit.
It was a F.R.I.E.N.D.L.Y, it mean't absolutely fuck all

brianstrousers said:
I knew it was gonna get this kind of reaction,its fuckin pathetic,it was a bastard friendly,a kick about,exactly the same as you're gonna get in a few weeks against Valencia,yet some mugs just can't see these games for what they are and are prepared to shell out to watch this shit.
It was a F.R.I.E.N.D.L.Y, it mean't absolutely fuck all
They meant a lot last year to a good few on here, what's changed.

Only Lescott, Kompany and Johnson would be in my starting 11 next season at the moment so i am not too concerned about the performance last night.

You get points per goal you score too along with the points for a win so a 5-0 tomorrow and we'd finish on 8 points. Strange one that.

A little bit off the current topic... but can i thank all who stayed up last night, to watch the match, who contributed to this thread! I have not laughed so much for a while, it substantiated the reason why we are blues. How many 'top' team's fanscan laugh at themselves in the face of adversity? (not many i guess)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.