MCFC v Sporting Lisbon Match Thread

johnny on the spot said:
dctid said:
No this is the big game - Sporting are a better club and have a good reputation in football

Sporting have got their first Europa League game in around a week and were bound to take this more seriously in terms of squad selection. We've still got quite a few friendlies to go before the season kicks off. In terms of the tour's commercial aspect (which is what it's really all about for us), the American popular spotlight is all on the Red Bulls following the Henry signing. We'll be more likely to parade some senior names for the cameras.

Fella had i been a City player there tonight i would have worked my fookin socks off to earn a place in the 25 - what more fookin motivation do you need.

It was a friendly with a side the won't even start the Carling Cup games don't beat yourselves up to much! No where near the first eleven

Does that excuse playing utter shite from start to finish. Even the commentators were mystified, they were expecting a bit more from the richest club in the world, just one effort on goal would of been enough. They said this was a big chance to win some fans in North America, not playing shite like that it wont. Shambolic is the word to describe what i just seen.

dctid said:
johnny on the spot said:
Sporting have got their first Europa League game in around a week and were bound to take this more seriously in terms of squad selection. We've still got quite a few friendlies to go before the season kicks off. In terms of the tour's commercial aspect (which is what it's really all about for us), the American popular spotlight is all on the Red Bulls following the Henry signing. We'll be more likely to parade some senior names for the cameras.

Fella had i been a City player there tonight i would have worked my fookin socks off to earn a place in the 25 - what more fookin motivation do you need.

I see your point mate. To be honest, I did expect more from those players perceived to be on shaky ground.

I know it was a friendly but what happened to the new "winning mentality" ?
Friendly or not it was a competitive game and we should have at least made a
pretence of wanting to win it. Very disappointed , hope we show a bit more
will to win on Sunday.

Micah Richards as Captain !!!!!????

johnny on the spot said:
dctid said:
No this is the big game - Sporting are a better club and have a good reputation in football

i dont think jo will play in any meaningful games.
sporting are match ready and fielded a strong team.
brilliant game for the younger and fringe players to take part in.
apart from jo and viera,whom i dont think contribute much,everyone played ok apart from being off the pace.

sporting lisbon??? isnt that the team that lost 11-1 to bayern munich a year back?

Bonol said:
It was a friendly with a side the won't even start the Carling Cup games don't beat yourselves up to much! No where near the first eleven

Does that excuse playing utter shite from start to finish. Even the commentators were mystified, they were expecting a bit more from the richest club in the world, just one effort on goal would of been enough. They said this was a big chance to win some fans in North America, not playing shite like that it wont. Shambolic is the word to describe what i just seen.
well said blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.