MCWFC v Spurs 26 Nov 6:45pm

Hard to pick one out tonight, just an excellent all round performance. Out of the slightly less obvious, I don't think Aleixandri put a foot wrong. Calm and assured.

My comment was more general about how she plays, she rarely drops in standard, I didn't see enough tonight to judge, but like Bernardo, she's often the best player, but her work rate is exceptional in every game she plays.

Oh, I agree with your comments in the general sense, which is why I thought today was the worst I've seen her play as her standards are that high!

It was only a couple of stray passes but they stuck out as that was unusual for her.

So you know her passing is very Eddie-like anyway!

I don't know any other WSL keeper happy to play balls through the lines or tight spaces game after game.

it was only a casual observation. I’ll be sure to check with you before I post any more.

Agree about the time, Sunday night, a school night when a large percentage of women's match spectators are family groups. I am going to have to give this one a miss due to transport issues, trams are ok - ish, aside from having to change at Piccadilly but it's the buses that are rubbish for me. I know this sounds like a lot of excuses but I am on earlier starts at work next week. Why couldn't we have a 3pm or even 4pm kick off?
Was a decent turn out in the end!

A resounding performance but I would have thought we had more chances in both the Brighton and Leicester games than we did tonight. Just shows yer can't prophesy what might turn up in a football match. Twenty mins in and I'm thinking we're gonna get a repeat of the Brighton game. A quarter of an hour later or so we are three up. Bunny Shaw was on fire. Good all round performances. Just a couple of shaky moments at the back but more Cockneys put to the sword.

You watch that game and you can't say spurs didn't put the effort in we were just on it and clinical
Yeah, I thought, even when the seventh went in, that Spurs were not a bad side - good touch, decent passes, the lass up front had more pace than our back four, but we were more rugged and robust in the tackle and whenever Spurs made a mistake we capitalised.

We had three goals in the first half and three bookings for run-of-the-mill tackles. Deyna got an almighty clattering not long after she came on, right through the back with no chance of getting anything on the ball from the Spurs player, and she was laid out for a little while, but no card. We get booked for basically fuck all and then the whistling wanker can't find his cards.

A resounding performance but I would have thought we had more chances in both the Brighton and Leicester games than we did tonight.
We did, and that's why it's so frustrating.

7 goals tonight from 10 on target, 0 from 13 on target (from 35 attempts) against Brighton.

I said that was ridiculous, tonight makes it even more so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.