Meanwhile Over on Red cafe

I've just seen this posted on twitter.

Average Miles Travelled To Home Games By Season Ticket Holders Man Utd = 78 (1st) Man City = 14 (19th) Blackpool = 11 (20th)

manutd6.jpg

liamctid said:
Ducky_ said:
Muppet alert.

Go on then, why?

As a muppet born in the late 80's I really cannot see what I've been put through (pre-take over) that would be so attractive about supporting this club unless you were born into it.

I know people who aren't Manchester born, but City fans. But they have either been brought up to be City fans by there parents, born in a generation where we actually won things, or are relatives of ex players.

I'm not saying you HAVE to have a reason to support City, but I don't know anyone who doesn't!

I see what you mean mate. My mum and her family are Manc born and bred, and seeing as i was born in 85, there would have been a few teams above city in the supporting stakes if i had no connection.

Plus, the grief at school would have been reduced a fair bit......but it was deffo worth it. Plus, it was easier to fill up the city team in the sticker books!

cyclops said:
I've just seen this posted on twitter.

Average Miles Travelled To Home Games By Season Ticket Holders Man Utd = 78 (1st) Man City = 14 (19th) Blackpool = 11 (20th)

I have to travel 750 miles round trip, have managed it 5 times this season so far......it's a bastard of a drive though!

Tomcoblue, there doesn't have to be a "reason" or a connection to support City!
I was born and bred in Rhyl and most people supported Liverpool or
Everton which was quite logical given that these are the nearest big Clubs.
Other than that there are of, course the "plastic gloryseekers" who support the scumbags.
I hated them and their gross Club long before I started to support City.
City just grew on me - I just saw something in the Club the "typical City" stuff, the loyal fans , Maine Road whatever.
There is just something unique about the Club - I live in Bristol now and rarely get to watch a match. I came to COMS for the Newcastle match and went to the Emirates recently - just felt proud to actually be there supporting this great Club.
I spend hours reading the posts on this and other City fans' site - I just love the humour, the irony and the love the fans have for the Club.
I had a brief look on Red Cafe to see what had prompted this thread and was reminded why I despise them so much. Idiots boasting how many "fans" they have world-wide - they will just never experience the joy we will have when we win a trophy.
Man. City - special Club & special fans!

Other than that there are of, course the "plastic gloryseekers" who support the scumbags.
City just grew on me - I just saw something in the Club the "typical City" stuff, the loyal fans , Maine Road whatever.
There is just something unique about the Club - I live in Bristol now and rarely get to watch a match. I came to COMS for the Newcastle match and went to the Emirates recently - just felt proud to actually be there supporting this great Club.
I spend hours reading the posts on this and other City fans' site - I just love the humour, the irony and the love the fans have for the Club.
I had a brief look on Red Cafe to see what had prompted this thread and was reminded why I despise them so much. Idiots boasting how many "fans" they have world-wide - they will just never experience the joy we will have when we win a trophy.

binns said:

You can say that again!

citykev28 said:
i simply cannot believe he agreed with me. piss funny.
http://www.redcafe.net/f17/british-footballers-european-cup-competitions-318559/

only one has question me so far. got a warning off a mod last night for comparing this addernoire to a subservient chicken. i told him to apologise to another rag and he did.

Normal guests cannot view the newbies, so I tried logging in...

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.