Meanwhile Over on Red cafe

Fair play to you mate. My Missus offered me a 45min blow job if I didn't go to watch City. I said no & we lost 2-1 to Everton in minus 10 conditions! Don't regret it though.[/quote]

45 minutes...I don't get that a year.
Tough call that mate :{

SkyBlueFlux said:
KansasCITY said:
Plus, what's all this Stockport stuff coming from? I've only ever met/seen 3 or 4 City supporters who live in Stockport. Maybe its because I'm American, but I don't get it.

Well, I come from Stockport, my family on my dads side are from Manchester which is why I'm a City fan. It's only natural that there will be fans distributed around the suburbs of the city in this fashion. It's just due to people moving around.

It's a bit of a null point though because where I came from in Stockport I was fighting back reds at every turn, I was the only blue in my primary school and even in high school we were still a minority. This tit for tat is all hypocritical and a tad petty though if you ask me.

This was something that rag prick Terri Christian dreamt up. Ironically the **** was born in Stockport, lived in Stockport all his life and now is known for chatting up tarts (from what I heard, allegedly - the News of the World could have a field day if he was famous enough to bother with - I am told) in his home town of Bramhall....which is in Stockport. So it seems that he has noticed a lot of City fans in Stockport, yes, but I wonder if the twat has any idea where the Hyde Road stadium was? Erm, fucking doubt the idiot is that well read. I wouldn't piss on the cock if he was on fire.

Also, I agree with the hotels around Manchester on rag match day comments. Go to the Village in Tameside the night before - and they could rename the hotel bar O'Neills. I fucking cringe at the glory hunting swamp of twats in there. Laughable.

One last point, the out-of-towners should actually go to a game and talk to real rags. My brother in law is a proper home and away rag and he doesn't defend the cockneys and other out-of-towners one little bit. He happily acknowledges the glory hunting tourists and sees them as parasites that are "taking real mancunians season tickets". He fucking detests them, because he remembers the time when the weren't around, in the days before supporting a top 4 premiership team was 'fashionable'.

liamctid said:
Why the fuck would anyone want to support City unless they were from or had connections to Manchester?!

manchester-city-v-gornik-1970-european-cup-winners-final_1675309.jpg

gary_cook1_794902c.jpg

ME-0036_tn.jpg

1976%20tueart%20goal.ashx

84757391.jpg

Bert+Trautmann.jpg

liamctid said:
Why the fuck would anyone want to support City unless they were from or had connections to Manchester?!

Maybe to show the world your not a glory hunting twat

liamctid said:

Well why not?

My Dad is from Glasgow and is a Rangers Fan, although his English team was Manchester City. He tells me he supported them because of Colin Bell etc.....

As it happens, my Mum and Dad split when I was 5 and my Mums partner since then happened to be a Man City fan from Surrey, again, he supported city since the 70's.

Now, living in Bristol there is/was not a great deal of reporting on Scottish gams, and I suppose I always felt an affinity to city. Going to school here you got a lot of kids choosing either Bristol Coty or Rovers as well as a premier league team. This didnt really fit with me.

I liked being the only City fan out of 500 kids in my school, I liked the fact that I chose a team not based on its successes at the time, or its popularity in the media, or that fact that it was cool to support Arse, Liverpool, Spurs, or United. I LOVED the fact when someone asks me who I support and I just say City, they say "what Bristol?" and I say no, Manchester.

As we quite rightly say to alot of plastic rags, it isnt about the success.... The minute I first went to a City game I knew it was right for me. The atmosphere, the joviality, the sense of just belonging.

The fact that neither I nor my family are from Manchester is irrelevant to me, and makes me no more or less of a passionate fan than others. I dont get to games as much (finances, work etc dictate that) but I feel every win loss and draw as much as the next city fan, Its still my life, and something that has cost me jobs, money, relationships.....

I cant quite explain why, but I know city is/was and will always be for me, ever since the first game I went to in 96'.

Sometimes it just happens, and I am fully geared up for the next 10 years of being called a glory hunter and a plastic fan. Inside, I know I am a City fan through and through. Incidentally, both of my brothers who live in Wiltshire have now had this ethos drilled into them. Again, they are the only 2 boys in their school who are city fans, and they're spreading the word. They proudly wear the kits to PE, and even now are still ridiculed. They love, cos they know the Blue Moon is rising....

Anyways, there is no real Why, just a how.

CTID.

felixbg said:
liamctid said:

manchester-city-v-gornik-1970-european-cup-winners-final_1675309.jpg

gary_cook1_794902c.jpg

ME-0036_tn.jpg

1976%20tueart%20goal.ashx

84757391.jpg

Bert+Trautmann.jpg

OK, but the latest photo there is 1981. Why would anyone born after that want to support City unless they were from Manchester or had connections to Manchester... or had a dad who happened to be right place at the right time?! (debatable!)

a grandad in the right place at right time? maybe they like oasis? maybe they despise man united?

seriously though we are a unique club, where there is never a dull moment and have the best fans in the world. telling people your a city fan is much more of a statement than following the crowd and being a red.

eitherway theres hundreds of reasons for supporting a club, if united fans from kent, sussex etc. want to travel hundreds of miles every week to watch a club they have very little to do with then fair play to them. i wouldn't do it.

SkyBlueLion79 said:
BoundedCascade said:
Im Canadian and only in the past 4 years have I even discovered my enjoyment for Football. I started watching when Sven came along and I really really enjoyed watching City. BEFORE I decided to decide whether or not I would consistently follow them I researched the history of the team and absolutely fell in love. I have watched a lot of old games but it was the 99 playoff final that really made me love City. After learning about the "typical City" that was the utter essence of it and I enjoyed it.

Now I find myself screaming at the top of my lungs when I watch City on the internet. Which is every single time they play. I do not protest to be a supporter like those in England who give their hard earned money to watch the team. I consider it a privilege to follow this club and when I get the financial ability I am going to come and watch a match and stay for as long as I can in England and watch as many matches as I can and really soak in what it means to be a supporter of City.

I truly Envy every last one of you that get to go to the matches and get to be around the club at all times. I envy the fact that you got those moments when you were younger and watching City and growing into your love for them. I wish I had the same chance.

I live for City. I wake up my first thing I do is check on several websites to see if there is any news about City. I want to talk about them all the time. In fact all I ever want is more and more City. I have given up guaranteed sex simply to watch us get trounced 8 - 1 against Middlesbrough. That is just one specific instance but it has happened a lot. Do I regret it? NO! I love this club that much. I never regret watching them, or talking about them, or anything involving them.

So what I live in a different country? I LOVE this club. I dont have the same relationship with the club as you but at the same time I feel that my love for the club is very strong. I hope you can accept a fan like me, and others like me.
Fair play to you mate. My Missus offered me a 45min blow job if I didn't go to watch City. I said no & we lost 2-1 to Everton in minus 10 conditions! Don't regret it though.
She offered me one too... I did not go to the match and no I don't regret it!

ManCityFC said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
Well, I come from Stockport, my family on my dads side are from Manchester which is why I'm a City fan. It's only natural that there will be fans distributed around the suburbs of the city in this fashion. It's just due to people moving around.

It's a bit of a null point though because where I came from in Stockport I was fighting back reds at every turn, I was the only blue in my primary school and even in high school we were still a minority. This tit for tat is all hypocritical and a tad petty though if you ask me.

This was something that rag prick Terri Christian dreamt up. Ironically the **** was born in Stockport, lived in Stockport all his life and now is known for chatting up tarts (from what I heard, allegedly - the News of the World could have a field day if he was famous enough to bother with - I am told) in his home town of Bramhall....which is in Stockport. So it seems that he has noticed a lot of City fans in Stockport, yes, but I wonder if the twat has any idea where the Hyde Road stadium was? Erm, fucking doubt the idiot is that well read. I wouldn't piss on the cock if he was on fire.

Also, I agree with the hotels around Manchester on rag match day comments. Go to the Village in Tameside the night before - and they could rename the hotel bar O'Neills. I fucking cringe at the glory hunting swamp of twats in there. Laughable.

One last point, the out-of-towners should actually go to a game and talk to real rags. My brother in law is a proper home and away rag and he doesn't defend the cockneys and other out-of-towners one little bit. He happily acknowledges the glory hunting tourists and sees them as parasites that are "taking real mancunians season tickets". He fucking detests them, because he remembers the time when the weren't around, in the days before supporting a top 4 premiership team was 'fashionable'.

Is that right mate ? I always though he grew up in Whalley Range/Old Trafford, I`ve heared him say it often enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.