Meanwhile Over on Red cafe

This topic is just so funny to me. I've seen fans who have never set foot in Manchester and are more loyal than some people who have lived in Manchester their whole life. The only thing that pisses me off about it is when people say "You're not from Manchester, you're not a true fan." That has fuck all to do with it!

Now, brace yourselves because... shock, horror... I'm not from Manchester.
However, the last time that I was strolling down Portland Street, I was with my wife and pushing an two year old in a buggy. As we crossed the street near the all-you-can-eat chinese, approaching us were a (let's be kind, here) big-boned lad and in a rag shirt and his (still being kind, honest I am) not-at-all pig-ugly girlfriend. Lardarse spotted that the child was wearing a City top and could hardly contain his glee.
"Ha, ha!" he exclaimed, (pointing into a child's buggy, remember), "could only draw with Blackburn!"
"You do realise, dickhead, that your own team are playing Everton, at this very minute?" I replied.
He dropped his head and they moped on.

I was intrigued by the out-of-towners claims on red cafe though, because that's never been my experience in over twenty-five years of going over at every chance that I can afford. Maybe, it's because we all (blue and red) only see what we want to see? Or maybe it's because I'm never there when United are playing at OT? In any event, from this outsider's experience, the old adage is true. The world supports United and Manchester supports City.

Lets get one thing straight, I really don't care where anyone is from, if you support City that's all that matters, lets face it, you could have made easier choices you can hardly be called a "Glory Supporter"

City fans from outside Manchester are different,than Rags from outside Manchester

The one thing I don't get with Utd is they use 'Citeh fans are all from Stockport' as some kind of insult and at the same time say 'Salford is red' as though Salford is in some way superior to Stockport. Personally I don't see a great deal of difference between the two, apart from Stockport having a few posher areas to it. The one thing that is a fact though, Manchester is and always has been blue and the majority of United are bandwagon fuckers or out of towners.

First, let it be known that United have played in Manchester FOR ONLY 20 YEARS OF THEIR CLUB'S 133 YEAR HISTORY!!!!!! OMFG. LMAO. LOL. ROFL. WTF? Pissed myself laughing.

So already, as we can see, the argument is as relevant as me saying that City have more fans in Zanzibar Town than United.

Second, define fan. United have very few people who actually care about the club. They are simply something to attach to in times of popularity. They are football's version of a Schott Jacket. When the decline comes and Fergie perishes, they'll fuck off back to Kent. So no, I completely reject that notion.

Manchester is blue and forever will be.

KansasCITY said:
Plus, what's all this Stockport stuff coming from? I've only ever met/seen 3 or 4 City supporters who live in Stockport. Maybe its because I'm American, but I don't get it.

Well, I come from Stockport, my family on my dads side are from Manchester which is why I'm a City fan. It's only natural that there will be fans distributed around the suburbs of the city in this fashion. It's just due to people moving around.

It's a bit of a null point though because where I came from in Stockport I was fighting back reds at every turn, I was the only blue in my primary school and even in high school we were still a minority. This tit for tat is all hypocritical and a tad petty though if you ask me.

KansasCITY said:
This topic is just so funny to me. I've seen fans who have never set foot in Manchester and are more loyal than some people who have lived in Manchester their whole life. The only thing that pisses me off about it is when people say "You're not from Manchester, you're not a true fan." That has fuck all to do with it!

The issue is heritage. During ww1 in particular, the recruitment booths were put up outside the football grounds on match days. This happened all over Great Britain. Sections of the support were no more, they would sign up as kippax's and spion cops and die in there droves on the battlefield. Its is how these football clubs were set up as way taking young men away from a life of alcoholism and violence and a general life expentency of 40. So, when someone ignores their local club, say Glentoran, who are desperate for support and claim a team as there own because they win on a regular basis, are on the telly all the time and have spent millions on players, its a hell of a lot different from someone's dad being a rag, or a blue and living miles away, or some being half way round the world due to life's changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.