Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an agenda-ist as such (except when it comes to FFP), but there's clearly a media bias against the club. Just posted this in the Sterling thread, but relevant here:

I was contacted this morning by one of the national papers, asking if I'd pen an article for them about Sterling.

They asked if I was alarmed by his refusal to go on tour, and whether he'd be loyal at City, to which I replied that I wasn't remotely concerned.

They then said thanks, but that's not the angle we're after.

No doubt they'll now wheel out someone like Colin Shindler who will provide the negative slant they require.

Well played Damo. i commented the same but i also know our esteemed leader is a non agenderist.

i wonder if his position will be changed by this mornings episode?

Well played Damo. i commented the same but i also know our esteemed leader is a non agenderist.

i wonder if his position will be changed by this mornings episode?

I deleted my post as the man himself posted just above you!

"There's clearly a media bias against the club"

-- Ric 2015

I deleted my post as the man himself posted just above you!

"There's clearly a media bias against the club"

-- Ric 2015

giphy.gif

Ha, nothing's changed in that regard. Here's my last post in this thread from a few weeks ago:

I think this thread needs renaming, because the "agenda" tag has become all encompassing and, dare I say, a bit misleading.

I think most people feel that there is a media bias against City, and that FFP is pointedly aimed at us and PSG. What some of us baulk at, however, is the notion that everyone is against us because it just doesn't ring true to me.

FFP is the big, fuck off conspiracy against our club.

The Daily Mail, as vile a publication as it is, is often cited as one of the mainstays of the agenda, yet their chief sports writer is probably the staunchest defender of City out there. The second biggest paper in the country have their main sports correspondent constantly, and vociferously, fighting our corner. Why would they do that if there is was a genuine agenda against us? Surely they would have him berating us at every opportunity.

We're getting bogged down in semantics though. Everyone interprets the word "agenda" differently.

For me, FFP is clearly an agenda against City and where we should concentrate our attention. The media bias is a bit different, and should be treated separately.

This thread should be renamed "Media bias against City", because that's a far more legitimate argument than an all encompassing "agenda" against City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.