Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Bluephil8 on the Sterling thread.

I doubt the Daily Mirror could try any harder with it's agenda. #cunts.

In all my time as a City fan, I can't remember such a wide spread backlash surrounding a transfer.

If nothing else it's been absolutely laughable.

CJ0yqpFW8AAqjmi.jpg

Last edited:
A few pages back people were throwing accusations that Di marias wages and overall package (100 millionwere not included and that was evidence of bias.

When it was proven they did, it is now being argued they have included it as a supportive measure to cheer United fans up. No wonder some see an agenda.
actually no
the person you responded to asked, generally not to you, had Firminho's transfer been reported like Sterling's
it was you that decided to provide him with evidence of Di Maria
A typically political answer, don't answer the question asked but answer the question you want asked

originally posted by Bluphil8 on the Sterling thread.

CJ0yqpFW8AAqjmi.jpg

they could print a bias article every day for 2 weeks from the opinion of all these ex Liverpool players! pretty sickening how we get dragged through media with these shite articles...

The deluded bitterness is off the charts. We'd better buy them some candles and have done with it.

I wouldn't say it was a corresponding upbeat message. I'd say, like you mention a number of times in your own post, that it was simply factual, as they did exactly what the headline said they would do - they bought him a week later.

For a newspaper to create a headline to appease the masses of United fans (as per your opinion) still suffering from the Swansea defeat, it then completely contradicts that aim of appeasement by also labeling them an ailing club, desperate for big name signings, who couldn't get top 4 even if they were managed by Mourinho & Paisley. What a way to appease a nation of United fans by screaming from the rooftops that they're going to spunk £100m on a single player whilst having the likes of Jamie Redknapp - someone who played for, and supports, their biggest rivals, describe just how shit they are.

Sorry but the 100m signing di Maria was not 'factual' at the time it was written. Whereas the fact that the rags were 'sh*te' at that point in time was factual. You are applying knowledge we now have to something that was 'unknown' or at least 'unproven' at that point in time. As someone who thinks it's premature that we are celebrating the sterling signing I cannot accept that the signing of Di maria was a factual story before the signing was made or a bid even accepted.

I haven't seen the whole report but it takes what was 'factually' a p*ss poor performance and sugar coats it with some story about the rags splashing 100m on di Maria and cash on other players.

irrespective, you're best shot at a defence is to drag up an article that writes negatively about Utd having lost at home to Swansea and after having finished 7th at the end of the previous season!!! Jesus wept

Try finding an article on any other team that says you need to rebuild an ageing past it squad after your team has finished 2nd in the league you have the most goals scored, the best goal difference, golden glove and golden boot winners in your team and the golden boot winner fails to get in the team of the season and we might be able to have a serious debate.

Until then some feeble negative article that reports on a team that is spectacularly failing, is hardly 'hard' evidence that an agenda does not exist against our club.

Originally posted by Bluephil8 on the Sterling thread.

In all my time as a City, I can't remember such a wide spread backlash surrounding a transfer.

If nothing else it's been absolutely laughable.

CJ0yqpFW8AAqjmi.jpg

IMHO JRB, only the media onslaught regarding Frank Lampard's delayed move to New York compares!

actually no
the person you responded to asked, generally not to you, had Firminho's transfer been reported like Sterling's
it was you that decided to provide him with evidence of Di Maria
A typically political answer, don't answer the question asked but answer the question you want asked

Actually Herts Blue, David Ewings back eader and Waspish, to a lesser extent, have compared the two relative transfers and how the fees were reported. Nothing to do with a politicians answer.

People on this thread claimed the fees were not totted up in the same manner, including wages and so forth. I highlightd in numerous publications they have been. Since then rather than concede the point we are know arguing about context and claiming the use of the '100 milion' was to cheer United fans up after a defeat to Swansea.

Tom

We as city fans should take all this venom and hatred aimed at City as a huge compliment we have finally arrived at the big stage and we are not going away,all these ex scouse players are hurting big time and they know now they will end up fighting for 6th - 10th place every season, liverpool will only have there history just like villa, Derby, Forest, looking forward to Brendan wasting even more money, close to 250-300m in 3 years now that's funny.

Sorry but the 100m signing di Maria was not 'factual' at the time it was written. Whereas the fact that the rags were 'sh*te' at that point in time was factual. You are applying knowledge we now have to something that was 'unknown' or at least 'unproven' at that point in time. As someone who thinks it's premature that we are celebrating the sterling signing I cannot accept that the signing of Di maria was a factual story before the signing was made or a bid even accepted.

I haven't seen the whole report but it takes what was 'factually' a p*ss poor performance and sugar coats it with some story about the rags splashing 100m on di Maria and cash on other players.

irrespective, you're best shot at a defence is to drag up an article that writes negatively about Utd having lost at home to Swansea and after having finished 7th at the end of the previous season!!! Jesus wept

Try finding an article on any other team that says you need to rebuild an ageing past it squad after your team has finished 2nd in the league you have the most goals scored, the best goal difference, golden glove and golden boot winners in your team and the golden boot winner fails to get in the team of the season and we might be able to have a serious debate.

Until then some feeble negative article that reports on a team that is spectacularly failing, is hardly 'hard' evidence that an agenda does not exist against our club.

I was referring to the fact that United were to spend huge money as factual, thus proved by signing the player the headline alluded to, rather than saying it was factual at the time of the headline that United had already signed Di Maria.

If you want to get pedantic over the use of "factual", then that's up to you. Whilst your (and probably the majority of others') opinion is that United's performance in the 2-1 defeat to Swansea was "piss poor", that's all that is - an opinion. It most certainly isn't a fact, despite your opinion being one that's shared by the majority.

As for describing your opinion on "my best shot at a defense....", I am not trying to defend United in any way shape or form here, nor am I disagreeing that they were in a state of disarray at the time. I merely find it laughable that you can try and add different context to that United headline (as opposed to the City one), by saying it was made purely to appease the masses of United fans (which I assume you believe this paper's MO was) when the same page had a fairly sizeable section referring to their club being ridiculed by a Liverpool fan.

Editor: "Ian, I need to please the United masses tomorrow, so I'd like you to ensure my newspaper is nothing but positive for our United readers".
Ladyman: "No problem. I'll mention that United plan to spend huge and that Di Maria is a target".
Ladyman: "Erm, boss, you asked me to put a positive spin on United to please them?"
Editor: "Yes, I can see you did that"
Ladyman: "Yes, I did. But do you mind telling me why the fuck you then dedicated another sizeable section of the back page ridiculing them by none other than former Liverpool player, and supporter, Jamie Redknapp?"
Editor: "Erm, shit....yeah. Oh I'm sure they wont mind...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.