Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, different ones.
I thought the witch hunt against Sterling would have been over by now but they keep at it with sly little digs. Sterling's pre season form shut a few of them up but you can bet the first poor game he has the back pages will crucify him.
I hope he's got the mentality to cope, because they will vilify him every chance they get. I honestly can't remember the last time a young player was targeted by the media in such a malicious, petty and vindictive way. His only crime is leaving Liverpool to better himself. I hope City are taking note of the ridiculous ongoing witch hunt.

We should just pay Ferguson a king's ransom and hire him as our head of media, or failing that, Alistair Campbell............or Malcolm Tucker.

giphy.gif

I thought the witch hunt against Sterling would have been over by now but they keep at it with sly little digs. Sterling's pre season form shut a few of them up but you can bet the first poor game he has the back pages will crucify him.
I hope he's got the mentality to cope, because they will vilify him every chance they get. I honestly can't remember the last time a young player was targeted by the media in such a malicious, petty and vindictive way. His only crime is leaving Liverpool to better himself. I hope City are taking note of the ridiculous ongoing witch hunt.
You've summed up just what I was thinking about this situation.
I think Sterling is becoming symbolic of the shift from the cosy old world to the brave new one, from the grand old institution of Liverpool ( with all the 'istree) to the upstarts over in Manchester (obviously without any history at all)and the popular media certainly do not like it, and some are determined to denigrate him at every opportunity.
He's going to need balls of steel this season.

Yeh, and the next thing they will be reporting is that City have ruined a young players career, it won't be the media with all the vile venum they have been spouting for the last few months.

Sad twat. Bore off back to rag cafe

who goes around accusing City fans of being a United fan? I thought my story was quite funny, I may have exaggerated - I can't remember if all those teams were on the poster (maybe Liverpool or Tottenham were not or something, I think Norwich were) but in scanning it I did not see the City badge and thought it was funny as it's the media (Sky) and they always put Rooney's face ahead of Aguero on posters and stuff. The poster is in the underground bit at Stockport train station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.