Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny when you hear pundits say a player has only joined us for the money but for example when Stoke sign a player like Shaqiri he is going there because of the lure of playing for Mark Hughes. No you fucking retards, he is going there because Premier League clubs pay the biggest wages in world football.

I can't argue against a bias against the club from the print media, some of the bitter stuff I read is incredible. I also tend to find that it's mainly the pundits who have an allegiance with Liverpool are the most disparaging towards us, this is because we have made it a lot harder form to get into the top four, something they this they are entitled to.

However one thing I will argue against is that Sky as a company has some kind of vendetta against us. Every premier league advert they make makes a reference to the AGUEROOO moment, it's played on Sky Sports News every day whenever Aguero is mentioned. I do not believe there pundits are told to not praise us at all, they loved our first title win.

who goes around accusing City fans of being a United fan? I thought my story was quite funny, I may have exaggerated - I can't remember if all those teams were on the poster (maybe Liverpool or Tottenham were not or something, I think Norwich were) but in scanning it I did not see the City badge and thought it was funny as it's the media (Sky) and they always put Rooney's face ahead of Aguero on posters and stuff. The poster is in the underground bit at Stockport train station.

I'm just surprised you haven't mentioned floodlights or Curly Watts.

Guess what point one of The Telegraph's things we learnt from Stoke City vs Liverpool was?

That "Coutinho is far more important than Sterling ever was", of course.

"His goal here came from nowhere, and there are sure to be a fair few more of them this season. Sterling might not have supplied such magic."

He hasn't even kicked a ball competitively for City yet, but remains the focal point for criticism in games involving other teams. Incredible.

At some point you would think the clubs press/media relations might step in and tell them to fuck off.

It's getting so blatant ATM I would genuinely consider a block of the British media on our premises until they sort themselves out.

It's gone into overdrive since we signed Sterling.

who goes around accusing City fans of being a United fan? I thought my story was quite funny, I may have exaggerated - I can't remember if all those teams were on the poster (maybe Liverpool or Tottenham were not or something, I think Norwich were) but in scanning it I did not see the City badge and thought it was funny as it's the media (Sky) and they always put Rooney's face ahead of Aguero on posters and stuff. The poster is in the underground bit at Stockport train station.

Hmmmm.... getting the train back to London perhaps?

saw a poster for Sky Sports at Stockport train station and I stopped to look in amusement as it had a few club badges floating around, I am pretty sure it had United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Totenham and a couple of others like Norwich and Newcastle but no City badge :(
Did it have pictures of Daley Blind and Phil Jones?

I can't argue against a bias against the club from the print media, some of the bitter stuff I read is incredible. I also tend to find that it's mainly the pundits who have an allegiance with Liverpool are the most disparaging towards us, this is because we have made it a lot harder form to get into the top four, something they this they are entitled to.

However one thing I will argue against is that Sky as a company has some kind of vendetta against us. Every premier league advert they make makes a reference to the AGUEROOO moment, it's played on Sky Sports News every day whenever Aguero is mentioned. I do not believe there pundits are told to not praise us at all, they loved our first title win.

Fair enough Sky do still harp back to the Aguerooo moment occasionally (I don't think quite as much as you're suggesting though) but just imagine for a second if it was their pet club the rags that had won the title in such a dramatic fashion and it was, instead, a Rooneeeey moment... I'm sure Sky would now be beaming a constant loop of it on to the surface of the moon for the whole world to gaze in awe at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.