Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I thought Rooney aside the commentary last night was pretty fair. Shaw had a very good game and was rightly praised, Sterling was praised for winning the penalty and was constantly praised for his work rate. Some people are paranoid.

I pretty much agree with your comment on Shaw. Only Shaw and Joe had good games last night, although Kane looked OK when he came on, and caused the game to change. But, I would also point out that Sterling was the only England player to be criticised - not all the time, I agree, and he also got some praise, but he was the only player to be criticised for every mistake. Shelvey was just awful, and I don't recall him getting any criticism in the commentary at all, and Oxlade-Chamberlain was no better than Sterling but got away with very little negativity.

I pretty much agree with your comment on Shaw. Only Shaw and Joe had good games last night, although Kane looked OK when he came on, and caused the game to change. But, I would also point out that Sterling was the only England player to be criticised - not all the time, I agree, and he also got some praise, but he was the only player to be criticised for every mistake. Shelvey was just awful, and I don't recall him getting any criticism in the commentary at all, and Oxlade-Chamberlain was no better than Sterling but got away with very little negativity.

Fatty Shaw was only able to do anything in the game because Sterling covered his arse every time he was stranded too late to get back into position defensively, & kept making runs inside taking defenders away from him so he could get balls in. Then it was Sterling who won the pen which allowed Deadman's Hair to break Baldy Charton's record.

They acknowledged that Sterling put a shift in, but criticised his general play pretty much non stop & still went on about the rags plus Milner as having good games, including giving Smalling motm!

Fatty Shaw was only able to do anything in the game because Sterling covered his arse every time he was stranded too late to get back into position defensively, & kept making runs inside taking defenders away from him so he could get balls in. Then it was Sterling who won the pen which allowed Deadman's Hair to break Baldy Charton's record.

They acknowledged that Sterling put a shift in, but criticised his general play pretty much non stop & still went on about the rags plus Milner as having good games, including giving Smalling motm!
Lee Dixon actually praised Milner and said "you know what you get with Milner" yeah absolutely fuck all.

Sterling didn't have a great game though. His touch wasn't great and he lost the ball quite a few times. He worked hard, defended well and won the penalty. Overall i don't think they were overly harsh on him and gave him praise where he deserved it.

Sterling didn't have a great game though. His touch wasn't great and he lost the ball quite a few times. He worked hard, defended well and won the penalty. Overall i don't think they were overly harsh on him and gave him praise where he deserved it.

Mark Irwin, writing in the Sun:
'Wembley last night was prepared to give Sterling the benefit of the doubt. What a pity he could not repay their generosity with the kind of display which convinced Manchester City to pay an eye-watering £49million for his services. Sterling was not so much quiet as positively mute in a disturbingly lacklustre display.'

'If that is true [Sterling is happy], Sterling has a funny way of showing it. In fact, he generally looks about as happy as Aaron Lennon on transfer deadline day. Maybe he needs another shot of hippy crack.'

'Kane contributed more in nine minutes after replacing Jonjo Shelvey than Sterling managed in the entire 90 - the winger did not manage a shot all night and only got to the byline once but failed to pick out a team-mate with an over-hit cross.'

You were saying?

;)

It's a different attitude though, depending which club they play for.

Lets try to find everything rags, scousers etc do in the game that's ok & praise it, & skip most of the fuckups, including Sterling when he was a scouse player, as opposed to let's find anything we can that's wrong with Milner as a City player. Now Sterling is a City player, the roles are reversed & it's all about what he doesn't do.

Shaw got absolutely ripped by their forward at one point & desperately grabbed hold of him in a possible 'last man' position. Good defending according to Hoddle because the ref missed it.

Mark Irwin, writing in the Sun:

You were saying?

;)
He is clearly just another bitter red top rag. Shelvey was shocking but i doubt he mentions that does he.

I was really thinking to Hoddle and the commentator last night. Thought they weren't to harsh on Sterling and gave him some credit where he deserved it.

He is clearly just another bitter red top rag. Shelvey was shocking but i doubt he mentions that does he.

I was really thinking to Hoddle and the commentator last night. Thought they weren't to harsh on Sterling and gave him some credit where he deserved it.
I know what you mean. I had a little giggle though at half time when Ian Wright spent five minutes slagging Sterling off and then added (just before the second half began) 'and we need more from the Ox, too.'

I don't personally believe in an organised agenda, I just think the UK media in general hate the Muslim owned Manchester City for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Mark my words, this season will see the beginning of a "sterling isn't good enough for England and should be dropped" campaign which will not stop until he has been dropped.

I don't personally believe in an organised agenda, I just think the UK media in general hate the Muslim owned Manchester City for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Mark my words, this season will see the beginning of a "sterling isn't good enough for England and should be dropped" campaign which will not stop until he has been dropped.
Sterling will get all the love he needs from city fans if he plays like he has started for us. The media, england fans etc are always looking for someone to blame for how bad England are and Sterling to them is the next obvious target with a 40+ million price tag on his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.