Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone clarify why making Rooney's record the story, on a night of a dead rubber game, represents any kind of "bias" against City?

Can anyone clarify why making Rooney's record the story, on a night of a dead rubber game, represents any kind of "bias" against City?

Not sure anyone has mentioned it have they ?

I thought it was more about him playing like a twat & getting praised for it, ditto Milner, whilst every touch of Sterling's was analysed as 'not good enough'.

I know her enough to tell you that she sums up pretty much everything which is wrong today in this country.

She's a blagger. Only got a job working for Sullivan because of her dad.

She once rang her 'newspaper' to ask if they could send her a huge picture of Ryan Giggs for her bedroom.

As for Sullivan, perhaps Brady can answer how Sullivan passes the Premier League's fit and proper persons test?

It's still something they like to keep quiet, but many years ago he was sent to prison for 71 days for 'living off immoral earnings' (being a pimp), before a successful appeal.

She has never struck me as someone who is remotely qualified for the role she's got, and it has always beggared belief that, for decades now, she's held positions at the very top of multi million pound companies.

Her comments on City's spending, on FFP, and on UEFA, are either intentionally inaccurate (she has an agenda/message she wants out there and she's knows enough people don't understand FFP, or don't care enough to look it up, so she can say what she's wants) or else she simply has no understanding whatsoever of the subject she's talking about and honestly believes everything she's saying.

I actually believe it's the latter as I highly doubt she's got a single clue what she's talking about.

She has never struck me as someone who is remotely qualified for the role she's got, and it has always beggared belief that, for decades now, she's held positions at the very top of multi million pound companies.

There's this thing she does with her tongue...ahem....allegedly.

I thought it was more about him playing like a twat & getting praised for it, ditto Milner, whilst every touch of Sterling's was analysed as 'not good enough'.

So now we are at the point that commentators are negative about City players but positive about everybody else's players? And when they leave us they suddenly start getting praised, and when they join us they start getting criticised?

Jesus. I'm off, quick, before I get sucked in.

Just once more for good luck, though, because I know you lot are reading it and ignoring....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_media_effect

Rooney was God awful last night, as where many people in an England shirt. Our group has been a piece of piss, it would have been a piece of piss even if the top 2 didn't automatically qualify, so the fact we've won 8 from 8 should in no way indicate we'll do anything other than fail early in France next summer.

Rooney was cut a great deal of slack last night for his piss poor performance, but given he'd just broken the all time England goalscorer record it's understandable that the media didn't want to talk about how bad he'd been. Sterling was pretty bad as well, but so was Oxlade-Chamberlain on the other side, yet he seemed to get away scot free from criticism. It's probably more to do with Sterling's price tag rather than the fact he's a City player, if he'd just signed for United for £49m I suspect they'd have concentrated on, and criticised, his performance last night.

To be fair I thought Rooney aside the commentary last night was pretty fair. Shaw had a very good game and was rightly praised, Sterling was praised for winning the penalty and was constantly praised for his work rate. Some people are paranoid.

So now we are at the point that commentators are negative about City players but positive about everybody else's players? And when they leave us they suddenly start getting praised, and when they join us they start getting criticised?

Jesus. I'm off, quick, before I get sucked in.

Just once more for good luck, though, because I know you lot are reading it and ignoring....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_media_effect

You ever know a media person laugh at an injury to an England player like Collymore did, for any other club ?

You ever know a media person laugh at an injury to an England player like Collymore did, for any other club ?

I've no idea what Collymore did or didn't do, but I know that he's a serial-offender bellend with tabloid shock-jock opinions, which means that whatever he says or didn't say has it's roots in bellendedness and not a bias against Manchester City. But I'm getting sucked in and all you ants will straw-man and confirmation-bias me to death.

"Partisans who have consistently processed facts and arguments in light of their preconceptions and prejudices […] are bound to believe that the preponderance of reliable, pertinent evidence favors their viewpoint. Accordingly, to the extent that the small sample of evidence and argument featured in a media presentation seems unrepresentative of this larger "population" of information, perceivers will charge bias in the presentation and will be likely to infer hostility and bias on the part of those responsible for it."

I've no idea what Collymore did or didn't do, but I know that he's a serial-offender bellend with tabloid shock-jock opinions, which means that whatever he says or didn't say has it's roots in bellendedness and not a bias against Manchester City. But I'm getting sucked in and all you ants will straw-man and confirmation-bias me to death.

"Partisans who have consistently processed facts and arguments in light of their preconceptions and prejudices […] are bound to believe that the preponderance of reliable, pertinent evidence favors their viewpoint. Accordingly, to the extent that the small sample of evidence and argument featured in a media presentation seems unrepresentative of this larger "population" of information, perceivers will charge bias in the presentation and will be likely to infer hostility and bias on the part of those responsible for it."

Collymore said recently on his show slagging off City & blaming us for England's problems, with the agreement of all involved, that we are also damaging football because 'this country needs a strong Manchester Utd'.

You believe what you like mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.