Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were we really outplayed on Tuesday night as lots of media outlets would have us believe?. Out thought at times but definitely not outplayed.

Were we really outplayed on Tuesday night as lots of media outlets would have us believe?. Out thought at times but definitely not outplayed.
No we were not.
For 70 minutes Juventus had barely a sniff of goal (other than an offside) while city had several clear attempts. If anything we were wasteful and punished because if that. In fact I would argue city had a perfect European performance. Controlled the match without being too defensive.

Frankly, anyone who listens to macca's commentary, especially after the kompany goal, compares that to usual sycophantic stuff that is the normal for English teams in Europe, and still believes there is no bias, has no clue to put it politely.

It is also evident in the way city are castigated for losing out against the topmost teams in Europe or the most unbelievably hard groups, while other English teams (though they do get some criticism) get a relatively easy time after losing to third rate opponents.

Lol at the Telegraph's thinly veiled dig at City tonight. Manchester City's champions league history, all you need to know, is the heading. How they get away with this is anybody's guess, and we don't seem to have anybody at the club willing to make a stance. So blatantly obvious a dig at the club and fans.

hang on there a cotton picking minute. Gerald Sinstadt was a legend to me as a commentator back in the day. Always associated him with City when i was growing up.

Gerald Sinstadt and Granada Soccer night bring back memories of the 91 season when we beat Liverpool on a wednesday night and Forest the following wk with an Andy Hill goal.

Even Michael Hughes missed penalty against Everton. Happy days, balmy august nights under the floodlights and the optimism of a new season

Anyone seen the article on the mirror about our financial results? It says that we'll post revenue figures of around £510m this year which is close to a WR, beating UTD. Then says it'll be a short lived victory as UTD will break half a billion next year, becoming the first English club to do so.

Hmmmmm
Even when we win hey ?..........aye their crazy chevrolet and adidas deals will be in next years accounts

Anyone seen the article on the mirror about our financial results? It says that we'll post revenue figures of around £510m this year which is close to a WR, beating UTD. Then says it'll be a short lived victory as UTD will break half a billion next year, becoming the first English club to do so.

Hmmmmm

In fairness the headline (which many on this thread complain about) is misleading in our favour as are the first couple of paragraphs.

It is a pretty rubbish article but a Utd fan could equally point out why is the headline about us overtaking them financially and then right at the bottom it states Utd to break the english record. No bias mate just poor reporting.

It wasn't Soho, but at the 1994 World Cup iirc. I think the wanking bit is accurate though.
Yes it was 1994 in Islington. All charges were later dropped.
Another hero of the days preceding Sinstadt was Gerry Loftus, now hardly remembered or mentioned. I think he used to work for Reynolds News, another thing that is now lost in the mists of time.

Yes it was 1994 in Islington. All charges were later dropped.
Another hero of the days preceding Sinstadt was Gerry Loftus, now hardly remembered or mentioned. I think he used to work for Reynolds News, another thing that is now lost in the mists of time.

October 1965 and Gerry Loftus's single-sentence, double-entendre wrap to an already bewildered nation: "So 3-2 to Austria - and Alf Ramsey must get out his chopper tonight." Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.