Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad for us to go under the radar! Let people think we are shit and are playing poorly! Hopefully teams will think they only have to turn up to beat us and we get to witness more of them 30mins blast we witnessed yesterday!

Paul Wilson the Observer Sport

"City were jeered off the field by their supporters."

In fact we were booing the ref who blew for a corner and then didn't let us take it.

I'm glad for us to go under the radar! Let people think we are shit and are playing poorly! Hopefully teams will think they only have to turn up to beat us and we get to witness more of them 30mins blast we witnessed yesterday!

I don't think other teams will listen to the media, but use their analysis teams to watch think that's what is called preparation

Talkshite in the week were asking if Hart was world class like Neuer and De Gea.

I can accept Neuer being talked about as better as he's done it for a while but De Gea has had one good season and jumps into the world class bracket yet they ask the question about Hart who has been consistent for years.

Why I'm surprised I'm not sure as they are comparing Martial to Messi after three games scoring against pub teams.

I'm so glad I have my own mind and could see through the red media bull shit back in the day and chose to be a blue.

KDB's goal was a bit of a fluke tbh

What was flukey? He got into space, saw the ball coming at an apparently impossible angle, adjusted his body shape and lobbed it over a six-foot-plus keeper, standing a yard away. Jesus wept.
But that's not really the point. The point is there was nobody casting begrudging remarks about say, Mata's flick on to Smalling the other night (to use a topical example, rather than bang the Rag-infested-media drum).
And nor should there have been. It was a great bit of skill that worked out extremely well (had a defender checked Smalling's run, Mata would have been pilloried for attempting it but it worked out, so fair play to him).

Shearer's snide comment reminded me of how Lickle Mikey Owen felt the urge, a whole week later, to inform the world that "a little bird told me that Yaya didn't really mean that (wonder goal in the CoC Final)".

Both goals were superb and, to be fair, have been largely hailed as such. What niggles me though is if Harry Kane or Eden Hazard had scored either, no fucker would stoop to such unsporting depths as to insinuate otherwise. I remember Dalglish score a goal similar to De Bruyne's (in a League Cup Final too, at Maine Rd, as it happens) and it is still recalled for what it was, a magical piece of skill and timing -rightly so.
When City players do it, there's always a caveat from some bitter dickhead. Maybe, I'm being over sensitive but I don't think so.

What was flukey? He got into space, saw the ball coming at an apparently impossible angle, adjusted his body shape and lobbed it over a six-foot-plus keeper, standing a yard away. Jesus wept.
But that's not really the point. The point is there was nobody casting begrudging remarks about say, Mata's flick on to Smalling the other night (to use a topical example, rather than bang the Rag-infested-media drum).
And nor should there have been. It was a great bit of skill that worked out extremely well (had a defender checked Smalling's run, Mata would have been pilloried for attempting it but it worked out, so fair play to him).

Shearer's snide comment reminded me of how Lickle Mikey Owen felt the urge, a whole week later, to inform the world that "a little bird told me that Yaya didn't really mean that (wonder goal in the CoC Final)".

Both goals were superb and, to be fair, have been largely hailed as such. What niggles me though is if Harry Kane or Eden Hazard had scored either, no fucker would stoop to such unsporting depths as to insinuate otherwise. I remember Dalglish score a goal similar to De Bruyne's (in a League Cup Final too, at Maine Rd, as it happens) and it is still recalled for what it was, a magical piece of skill and timing -rightly so.
When City players do it, there's always a caveat from some bitter dickhead. Maybe, I'm being over sensitive but I don't think so.
It's just jealousy dressed up as fair comment

Talkshite in the week were asking if Hart was world class like Neuer and De Gea.

I can accept Neuer being talked about as better as he's done it for a while but De Gea has had one good season and jumps into the world class bracket yet they ask the question about Hart who has been consistent for years.

Why I'm surprised I'm not sure as they are comparing Martial to Messi after three games scoring against pub teams.

I'm so glad I have my own mind and could see through the red media bull shit back in the day and chose to be a blue.
I'm stunned at that. Unfair on the lad as well.

Paul Wilson the Observer Sport

"City were jeered off the field by their supporters."

In fact we were booing the ref who blew for a corner and then didn't let us take it.

Well, it just shows that YOU CAN MAKE IT UP! It was obvious to anyone in the stadium that the jeers were for the whistling wanker NoMates Friend after we witnessed the first time since Clive Thomas that an attacking team had been denied their just desserts. Blow the whistle after the kick, and considering how much time Krul had wasted! He probably said much the same thing when the City faithfull booed at the end of the half when there were no chips on the concourses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.