Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if Rooney, Walcott or Hazard scored five in a game, especially Rooney.

5 in 9 months for Wayne get your life savings on him for the golden boot. No other teams has a pool of talent like we do. I remember back in May when we took a very poor qpr apart walking away from the ground thinking of we build the side round Aguero and silva we wouldn't be a million miles away from the league. We've got the personnel it just needs tweaking. I think sterling plays better when Navas is in the side as they both hug the line and stretch the width.

I'd love to see Fernando get a run in the side alongside Fernandhino to sure us up in the middle of the park. You need some water carriers on the pitch to complement the attacking talent.

Kevin de Bruyne what can you say? This kid has everything and can be even better than silva in the next few years.

Talkshite in the week were asking if Hart was world class like Neuer and De Gea.

I can accept Neuer being talked about as better as he's done it for a while but De Gea has had one good season and jumps into the world class bracket yet they ask the question about Hart who has been consistent for years.

Why I'm surprised I'm not sure as they are comparing Martial to Messi after three games scoring against pub teams.

I'm so glad I have my own mind and could see through the red media bull shit back in the day and chose to be a blue.

Heard that the other day how many titles de gea won? How many golden gloves he won? How many caps for spain he won? He shouldn't be talked about in the same breath as joe yet!

Whether there is bias or not isnt up for question anymore, just how much and how it manifests. One thing Pelligrini should be doing is firing the players up, it should be all the ammo the players need to go out there and prove the media wrong

Plus the usual bullshit MOTD tactic of showing every opposition attack. They showed 5 of Newcastle's 6 shots (83%) and just 8 of our 23 (35%). They really are utter twunts

I agree about the coverage; although hadn't KDB already admitted he did not catch it exactly as he intended? Even if he didn't, actually connecting with the ball coming over his shoulder like that is difficult so it was a great effort.

Much better coverage on the far superior Goals on Sunday, where they were bigging up our new famous trio: KDB, Merlin and Kun.

Just watched MOTD.

Phenomenally biased selection of first half highlights not showing any chances we created bar the goal (well they had to show that didn't they...)

Shearer blaming Newcastle for losing and picking out our defensive weaknesses. In addition to that, apparently KDBs goal was a fluke.
No mention of how brilliant City were in the second half.

Those maintaining there is no agenda need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Ha ha. As a footballer he was extremely limited so utilised to the fullest his ability to wind up the opposition with nefarious wind up tactics. When he's talking about City and it's a wonder he has any mainstream media broadcast paying him for his worthless utterances, it's akin to the building janitor at an art gallery slagging off a painting by Monet.
Sorry but you are talking complete and utter bollocks there, Shearer was a fantastic striker, deadly, prolific, I would have LOVED him to have played for City.

Watching MOTD consistently, I find that the producers are doing more now to highlight the pros and cons of both sides; for years it was simply Alan Hansen describing how 'unbelievably incredible' each goal was, and how 'diabolically bad' the defending was, despite the fact that we'd seen each goal three times already by that stage. Of course, this more 'balanced method' is not always going to suit everyone, and it would behove the producers to make more use of the match statistics in demonstrating the true nature of the game. However, they probably consider that the task of the printed media, or think that their viewers will be so inebriated by the time it airs as to be incapable of appreciating the effort.

Sorry but you are talking complete and utter bollocks there, Shearer was a fantastic striker, deadly, prolific, I would have LOVED him to have played for City.

If you read again i think you will see he was talking abont Savage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.