Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised of some of the papers have 'city concede at home' as backpage headline today

This is just disgusting analysis. No credit whatsoever from the same prick that thought Aguero would be a flop.

hmmm a lot of what he said was actually correct. We were in a mess before they scored, Hart did make a save to stop it being 0-2. A lot of what else he said just smelled of the usual man city envy though

This is just disgusting analysis. No credit whatsoever from the same prick that thought Aguero would be a flop.

It is pointless to criticise Charlie Nicholas. He is parodies himself sufficiently enough in this clip to render our contempt for him redundant.

It leaves only one question: if the result was, in Nicholas' own words, a "remarkable turnaround", why does he seem so depressed about it?

The question is rhetorical. It provides its own answer.

Top of the table. We say nothing. Our silence is deafening.

BBC last week. CAN UNITED WIN THE TITLE ? This week. CAN ARSENAL WIN THE TITLE ?
In 91 weeks. CAN ROCHDALE WIN THE TITLE ?

It is pointless to criticise Charlie Nicholas. He is parodies himself sufficiently enough in this clip to render our contempt for him redundant.

It leaves only one question: if the result was, in Nicholas' own words, a "remarkable turnaround", why does he seem so depressed about it?

The question is rhetorical. It provides its own answer.

Top of the table. We say nothing. Our silence is deafening.

"Some nice touches.." Wow some praise there from him

As good as we were in the second half, the first half defensive performance was worrying. They carved us open with ease and could easily have been 2-0 up at one stage.

We blew them apart second half and rightly should earn praise for that. I think MOTD got it spot on though. As good as the scoreline was, it wasn't a faultless City performance and I still want to see a more cohesive defensive display in the future. Hopefully Kompany is ready to return post Internationals and we can kick on from there.

As good as we were in the second half, the first half defensive performance was worrying. They carved us open with ease and could easily have been 2-0 up at one stage.

We blew them apart second half and rightly should earn praise for that. I think MOTD got it spot on though. As good as the scoreline was, it wasn't a faultless City performance and I still want to see a more cohesive defensive display in the future. Hopefully Kompany is ready to return post Internationals and we can kick on from there.

We missed chances before they scored so we could have been 1-0 up which seems to get ignored by the so called experts

We missed chances before they scored so we could have been 1-0 up which seems to get ignored by the so called experts

This.

My take FWIW is that City bossed the first 20 minutes or so, and when Newcastle scored it came against the run of play. Then they had a spell where they were on top (as often happens - you don't get many games where one team isn't on top at some point for 10-15 minutes or so) and carved out some decent chances. But we had come back into the game and were creating chances ourselves for a fair few minutes before the equaliser, and between the equaliser and the half we looked more likely to score than they did.

Somehow a half in which the score genuinely reflected the way the game had gone got turned into 'Newcastle should have been out of sight by half time'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.