Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
We missed chances before they scored so we could have been 1-0 up which seems to get ignored by the so called experts
Quite right. I watched the whole game again on TV and we actually weren't quite as bad in that first half as we looked in real time at the ground. There was Aguero's header and shot that went wide, Fernandinho's shot that wasn't far off, the goal line scramble with Fernando and a killer ball across the six yard box (similar to KDB's in the second half that led to Aguero's 5th) that Aguero really should have been on the end of but was nowhere near. Could easily have been 3-1 to Newcastle, 3-1 to us or 3-3.

The other factor is that we attack with 7 or 8 men most of the time so our defence is always likely to be exposed against a team that played 4-4-2. Have to say, I'm not a fan of McClaren but he came with the idea of putting pressure on the back two and it paid off for 40 minutes.

Cheeless Charlie trying not to describe Citys goals was like " And what have the Romans done for us "

Well we had 1 minute this morning and Newcastle were unlucky first half at 0-1 up could gone 0-2 up but for dubious ofside decision but they did say we blew them away second half and we have are the best team in the league! Oh never showed the goals!!

Probably the best example of the different ways in which different clubs/personalities are treated is the current situation at Chelsea. Imagine for one moment if Arsene Wenger was in the position Mourinho is in, or Pellegrini. They would already have been sacked, ridiculed, and humiliated by the British press. But because it's Jose, we hear not a peep of negativity.

Conversely when Chelsea put 5 past Swansea back in January you couldn't pick a newspaper that didn't write that that Chelsea side was potentially the "greatest Premier League team ever". Yet i've little doubt the characterisation of our victory against Newcastle on Saturday was very different (I don't know for sure because I gave up reading what the media has to say about City a while back).

Hmmmmmm.....not sure if serious??

David Silva may be the best player to ever put on a sky blue shirt. I hope KDB can be even close to that, but if he ever gets better than David Silva, then there will be a room full of new silverware at The Etihad!!!

Serious on the matter, the guy has time to develop but is a lot more quicker and direct than Silva. He can see passes that are not supposed to be there. At the moment the conundrum is how we accommodate the pair? When you push one out wide you lose something but from what I've seen so far De Bruyne covers the full back better when it comes to defending.

I don't bother with the media either, save for a bit of basic info from the BBC.

So I genuinely don't know how Kun's amazing feat of scoring 5 has been treated in the press. I have a depressing feeling that it has just been ignored. Imagine if one of that lot had scored 5? There'd be a special programme on BBC1 direct from the captain's kitchen table...

This is just disgusting analysis. No credit whatsoever from the same prick that thought Aguero would be a flop.

Lordy me!!

This is the same chap who earned the nick name Champagne Charlie after turning down the Bin-dippers and the rags to sign for Arsenal in 1983 (Just for the record Arsenal were fuck all then, going nowhere, we were getting bigger crowds than them in the 2nd division) Spent most of the time pissed behind the wheel of a car

Absolutely squandered his career as a footballer and since joining SKY has thieved a living spouting utter crap

A total and utter gobshite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.