Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bad even by the general standards of City reporting

Amazing report really. Not even a vague attempt at balance. City had 23 goal attempts to their six. These pundits are so thick. Pellegrini has made it clear time and time again that we will attack at every opportunity. Going forward there is no one better than us but we will always give chances to our opponents. It is the way we play and we are the most entertaining team in Europe..if not the world. They just don't get it do they?

As a quick test the other day i said the names of the soccer saturday guys to the two lads who live next door (12 and 9yo) and asked them if they thought they were good.
They had no fucking clue who they were and cared less, they did care that Kun scored 5 and Arsenal beat Utd and that is soccer saturdays problem.
It is antiquated, jobs for the boys shite, reminds me of bookies years ago, old men with roll ups slapping each others back. Ultimately though it smelled bad and they had yellow fingers, just unhealthy in every sense.

Leave them to it, and do what i did, stop watching it and unsubscribe, use streams.

Do you really care what some stocking filler player from the early 80's view is now considering they are so mentally underdeveloped they act like petty children ?
I would rather swim in cow shit tbh.

Thompson, Merson et al have to be see for what they really are. The pretence is that these guys offer great insight and expertise but in fact what they offer is only opinion.

In some cases the opinion of ex players is well worth listening to - Neville and Souness for instance. But too often the opinions we hear not just on Soccer Saturday but Talksport, 5 live and many more are too easily formed and swayed by club and personal allegiances - their own personal biases and agendas - and is based on an inadequate knowledge base.

Bluntly, I value the opinion of the bloke that sits next to me at the stadium more than Charlie Nicholas's, because he has seen every single minute that City have played in the league this season, and Nicholas hasn't.

As for Merson, I must say it does amuse me that somebody somewhere actually pays good money for the benefit of his 'expert' opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.