Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
No just the circumstances of their pursuit of the Championship. Many neutrals wanted us to win it in 2012 for similar reasons.

Do you believe the fact that many neutrals wanted us to win it was reflected by the media at the time? In the same way it was with Liverpool?

Just reading the BBC gossip column this morning there is a back page splash of the Sun with the "City Land Pep Story", yet they make no reference to it and go with the Pep 90% done to Chelsea Story. Is this bias or fear?

I think theres no doubt theres plenty of bias when it comes to us in the press. Whether thats against us or in favour of our opponents it's still bias.

For me it's pretty natural for a journo to have bias, and I don't really have a problem that some seem to strongly favour or strongly oppose what we're doing.

The best can get past their own bias and they're the ones worth watching/reading/listening to. Not too many of them about unfortunately, and the ones that can't hide thrir biases should continue to be called out for it.

I am confused as you have consistently mocked those who have argued that there is a media bias. Yet you have "disdain for their continual changing of headlines to fill print" why do you think they do that?

This thread used to be titled media "agenda" which like you I did not think existed. I do genuinely believe though that there is a media bias against City and for certain clubs namely United and Liverpool. Now the reasons for this I understand more clicks = more revenues the media know this and pamper to it. If anyone does not understand the different levels of clicks that Liverpool can generate than us just think why Henderson is on the front cover of FIFA with Messi.

I am not sure many think the bias is all encompassing so dont try and put words in peoples mouths. Of course not every article is going to be anti- City, not every journalist hates us, not every media outlet wants City to fail BUT the media do want to attract advertising and sponsors and to do that they want clicks

To suggest there is no media bias I believe is niaive but things will change as our support base gets bigger and we will generate the levels of clicks that matches or surpasses those of our rivals
+1

Do I think United receive more press than us, absolutely, and for the reasons you have stated however that to me is not bias, it is a business practice
And it is also "a business practice" to ensure that they get a more favourable coverage than us because of their bigger customer base.
Same goes for Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.
Wake up Frank and smell the coffee.

I am confused as you have consistently mocked those who have argued that there is a media bias. Yet you have "disdain for their continual changing of headlines to fill print" why do you think they do that?

This thread used to be titled media "agenda" which like you I did not think existed. I do genuinely believe though that there is a media bias against City and for certain clubs namely United and Liverpool. Now the reasons for this I understand more clicks = more revenues the media know this and pamper to it. If anyone does not understand the different levels of clicks that Liverpool can generate than us just think why Henderson is on the front cover of FIFA with Messi.

I am not sure many think the bias is all encompassing so dont try and put words in peoples mouths. Of course not every article is going to be anti- City, not every journalist hates us, not every media outlet wants City to fail BUT the media do want to attract advertising and sponsors and to do that they want clicks

To suggest there is no media bias I believe is niaive but things will change as our support base gets bigger and we will generate the levels of clicks that matches or surpasses those of our rivals
'Agenda' and 'bias' are not mutually exclusive.
Agenda does not have to involve collaboration between organizations.
So the reason for the media giving City unfavorable coverage can simply be that they are pursuing a common objective ( usually commercial to maximize revenues),but acting independently and not communicating with each other about it.

So you think all clubs are treated equally?

No of course they are not. United/liverpool will get more coverage than ourselves and similarly we will get more than Everton/West Ham who in turn will get more coverage than Swansea/ Leicester.

Companies will make business decisions based on their readership. Its natural but does not signify bias.

I saw this graphic yesterday

152p2xf.jpg

and this sprang to mind

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...been-surrendered-so-pathetically-8490913.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.