Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe the fact that many neutrals wanted us to win it was reflected by the media at the time? In the same way it was with Liverpool?

Difficult to say from memory and of course the circumstances were different. There was certainly a lot of coverage in the aftermath celebrating our victory. Surely the United media would be against Liverpool winning the league anyway??

If media owners have 659m readers who hate a particular football club , then they will print/broadcast as much shite about that football club as possible , disregarding if their is any truth in the stories , it sells papers and encourages clicks , and makes money , fairness , clarity and honesty has f*ck all to do with how modern media run their businesses , there in it for the dosh ,its nothing personal .If you want to be loved and you need your club to be your emotional crutch , support the rags and the dippers .If you have a bit of backbone , circle the wagons , and support City.

And it is also "a business practice" to ensure that they get a more favourable coverage than us because of their bigger customer base.
Same goes for Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.
Wake up Frank and smell the coffee.

Not really or certainly not over the last couple of season. Whatever we think LVG prior to his time at United would be considered one of the best managers in the game now he is a source of ridicule in the press, just as his predecessor David Moyes was.

You have a low opinion of football supporters. Most would not want, including United fans, the press to write favourable reports rather than the reality So no I do not think they would write favourably. Do you think the press are reporting on Uniteds fast flowing expansive football or reporting the turgid football they play???

You have a low opinion of football supporters. Most would not want, including United fans, the press to write favourable reports rather than the reality So no I do not think they would write favourably. Do you think the press are reporting on Uniteds fast flowing expansive football or reporting the turgid football they play???

They probably wouldn't if they were clued up fans.

If they were know-nothings or people in deepest China, then they'll take whatever narrative is thrown their way and not question it. We know MOTD is selective in its editing - so are other media forms.

If media owners have 659m readers who hate a particular football club , then they will print/broadcast as much shite about that football club as possible , disregarding if their is any truth in the stories , it sells papers and encourages clicks , and makes money , fairness , clarity and honesty has f*ck all to do with how modern media run their businesses , there in it for the dosh ,its nothing personal .If you want to be loved and you need your club to be your emotional crutch , support the rags and the dippers .If you have a bit of backbone , circle the wagons , and support City.
Brilliant !

Surely the United media would be against Liverpool winning the league anyway??
Why would they be?
Two sides of the same coin.

Even at this remove, they're still banging on with the myth that Liverpool were the best team that year. Never mind statistics, never mind us being the fastest team to reach 100 goals ever, never mind our breaking of the Busby Babes' goal scoring record etc etc... just tell the happy clappers what they need to hear.

It's largely a moot point wether this is done to aggrandise Liverpool or to denigrate City. The end result is that they aren't giving credit where it's due.
(Fans of other clubs have even remarked upon this phenomenon to me. Admittedly anecdotal evidence has been the bane of this threads existence but, I offer it anyway and you can take my experience for however much you think it's worth).

Undoubtedly, we're all a bit over-sensitive about this issue (I'm as guilty as anybody, at times) but there is a bias. Our flaws are seized upon with glee (just like everybody else's, admittedly) but our achievements are far too often glossed over (they could hardly ignore the CFA after Cameron and Xi rocked up there, by the way). It's a business decision, I suppose. That doesn't excuse the sneering, such as Sky's recent jibe about empty seats. Nor does it excuse the persistent narrative that we are the only club spending mega-money. As Frank Burns said to Hawkeye "I'm only paranoid because ye are all out to get me!"

So, another United based programme sponsored by BBC on over Christmas and advertised through the Graham Norton show. We should have a media watchdog look at how state funding is supporting a Branded product. Meanwhile BBC sport main Man City feature is Raheem Sterling the new Cashly Cole? Pod cast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.