Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this graphic yesterday

152p2xf.jpg

and this sprang to mind

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...been-surrendered-so-pathetically-8490913.html
I still get pissed off thinking about the invective in that article, not so much because of the article itself, but because I realised that no journalist in a national newspaper would ever dare write in such bilious, hateful terms about united or Liverpool.

I still get pissed off thinking about the invective in that article, not so much because of the article itself, but because I realised that no journalist in a national newspaper would ever dare write in such bilious, hateful terms about united or Liverpool.

As you can probably tell from me bringing it up, I feel the same way about that article.

No of course they are not. United/liverpool will get more coverage than ourselves and similarly we will get more than Everton/West Ham who in turn will get more coverage than Swansea/ Leicester.

Companies will make business decisions based on their readership. Its natural but does not signify bias.

What business decisions do you mean?

I was watching BT Sport this morning, and was pleased when they had a feature on our academy, focussing mainly on an interview with Angus Gunn and Ashley Smith-Brown.

What followed was a fairly mundane, slightly awkward interview with two nervous young lads, but all pretty innocent stuff.

It then cuts back to the studio, and Stuart Pearce can hardly disguise his disdain saying that the club shouldn't allow players who have never played for the first team to give interviews. Ray Wilkins then scoffed at "17 year old kids wearing gloves" (even though one of them is a goalkeeper).

All seemed a bit resentful and unnecessary to me.

You do have to ask yourself exactly what seismic event needs to occur before one or more of these media powerhouses wakes up and recognises that they have been utterly wrong, and that what is happening at Manchester City represents a paradigm shift that has and is changing the football landscape for good.

You do have to ask yourself exactly what seismic event needs to occur before one or more of these media powerhouses wakes up and recognises that they have been utterly wrong, and that what is happening at Manchester City represents a paradigm shift that has and is changing the football landscape for good.
Paradigm, a much underused word.

I was watching BT Sport this morning, and was pleased when they had a feature on our academy, focussing mainly on an interview with Angus Gunn and Ashley Smith-Brown.

What followed was a fairly mundane, slightly awkward interview with two nervous young lads, but all pretty innocent stuff.

It then cuts back to the studio, and Stuart Pearce can hardly disguise his disdain saying that the club shouldn't allow players who have never played for the first team to give interviews. Ray Wilkins then scoffed at "17 year old kids wearing gloves" (even though one of them is a goalkeeper).

All seemed a bit resentful and unnecessary to me.

Both Wilkins and Hoddle will always talk about big clubs 'like Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc'.

Ironic when you remember Wilkins made his name with Chelsea in the second division

At least the MUEN have finally realized that City comes before Ushited Alphabetically, baby steps know
or a commercial decision as the penny has dropped that Mancunians IE their customers are mainly blues mind you I will never buy the rag again

Anyone hear them slating us on Sky's Soccer Saturday yesterday? Couldn't hear it properly with the kids - just enough to hear that our academy is crap. I didn't mind saying we scarcely deserved a victory for months but what the f do they know about our day to day operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.